Chapter 15

Jaidee

FLASHBACK TO EARLIER THAT AFTERNOON

"Did you hear? Those M4 students were able to get enough signatures to reinstate the Gifted program!"

"Really? That's so cool! I wish I could get in!"

"As if! Only a select number of students are chosen. Besides, that program is ridiculous."

The plan is back on' I thought.

I was about to grab another book when my phone beeped. It was a message from Ohm.

'GIFTED GATHERING! Don't forget!'

I smiled, shaking my head as I heard his voice resonate through the PA system. He was having fun with his potential and often messed around in the PA system booth. I placed my book back on the shelf and waved bye to P'Sida.

"Sawadee P'Jai!" A group of M5 boys greeted me as I went out of the library. I smiled and greeted back before heading to the woodshop.

I entered as quietly as I could, not to disturb the person working. I smiled to myself as he set down the watch he repaired. I skipped a little before placing my hands just an inch away from his glasses. I felt him smile as he gently grabbed my hand and turned around to face me.

"Hey, you." He greeted, holding my hand before pulling out a chair for me to sit. I carefully picked up the gold-tinted watch on the table, watching as the sun reflected against the glass.

"It's so pretty." I said before handing it back to Wave who smiled proudly. I was glad he found something to enjoy other than technology. Because of the incident 2 years ago, the director made drastic changes. Wave was only allowed one gadget and the school's Wi-Fi was decreased to a minimum regardless of what class you were in.

"Let's go?" He asked as he cleaned up and placed the watch in his jacket pocket. I nodded and we headed for the canteen together, earning curious and envious looks from other students.

In the second semester in our M4 year, rumors about me and Wave were spreading around but it quickly died down because I think some of them just thought we were close because we were in the Gifted class together. It picked up again this year because the person I'm mostly seen with is Wave. Claire has been busy with her modeling jobs and beauty campaigns, Punn has been gearing up for music recitals all year and Korn has a photo exhibit that he has been working so hard on. It doesn't bother me much because we're still close as ever.

The rumors don't bother me either, but I guess they kind of make Wave uncomfortable even though he denies it.

"Uh, Wave?" I asked as we sat down. He hummed in response, looking up from his food.

"Are you sure you wanna be seen with me alone?" I asked and his brows scrunched up in confusion.

"Why? I have lunch with you all the time." He asked, eating.

"I know- it's just.. other people are staring." I timidly replied and Wave looked around.

"So? Does it bother you?" Wave asked, worriedly.

"Does it bother you?" I asked him and he frowned.

"Not really." He dismissed.

"Wave, I've known you for 3 years. I know when you're lying." I scolded, crossing my arms and Wave sighed.

"A little okay? But that's just cause I don't like the attention." He reasoned and I snorted.

"Really?" I pushed and Wave sighed.