𝐭𝐮𝐥𝐢𝐩𝐬

THE WEEK PASSED by in a blur

THE WEEK PASSED by in a blur. everyday was the same for you. despite it being exam week, the boys are still eager to practice. you joined them every single day, and some days you would tutor them with enoshitta and tsukishima. working out the worksheet in front of you, a notification distracted your focus.

hajime😸 send you a new message!

hajime😸:
hey :)
are u still studying at ur coach's store?

you:
yes
why? 🥴🤨

hajime😸:
ok come outside

you:
did you actually-

hajime😸: ya i did now hurry 🙄✋🏻

hajime😸:
ya i did now hurry 🙄✋🏻

you stood up from your seat and scurried off towards the door of the store. in front of you stood a familiar figure, with a bag in his hand and his phone in his other. "hajime," the male turned his head towards your voice and waved.

"hey, y/n. here, these are for you." he handed you the bag. you took it, confusion visible across your face. "what are these?" you questioned. "look, i haven't been able to meet you since we are both busy with our studies but these are just some things i wanted to drop off for you today. its your maths exam tomorrow and i know you aren't the brightest in that subject," he said in one breath. he seemed nervous.

you stared at him in awe. "aww, hajime you don't have to." you pouted. "i know, pretty. but i wanted to." he patted your head and spoke again. "what day are you leaving for tokyo?"

"we're going friday. we finished our exams tomorrow, so yeah." you told him. "okay. do you want to go somewhere? after your exams. there's a place that i want to show you." he smiled.

"wow, really?! yes! i would love to hajime!" you nodded your head eagerly. he laughed. "okay then. i'll pick you up at your house at 7. its a date." he tucked your hair behind your ear and bid you goodbye. "see you and take care, y/n."

"stop writing and put your pens down." your teacher announced to the class and you did as you were told. a sigh escaped through your lips. you did most of the questions but weren't sure if you were right.

you just hope you wouldn't have to sit for the make up exams because that's so tiring. the papers were passed from back to the front. your teacher collected everything everything and then left. it was your last paper. you packed your things and swing your bag on your shoulder.

you head to the girls changing room and get changed into your gym clothes. you slip on your karasuno volleyball jacket and zipped it up. you grab your things and ran straight to the gym. the boys have already started with practice.

you jot down some notes on where to improve for each of them. you retrieved some of the balls that were hit out of bounds, then went to refill their drinks and handed them their towels when they take breaks in between sets. soon enough, the clock shows that it was five in the evening, and coach ukai dismissed everyone.

everyone start cleaning up and slipped on their volleyball club jacket. after cleaning was done, daichi locked the gym door and footsteps were heard leaving the school ground.

you and kageyama walked alongside each other, the wind rustled weakly. he had both his hands in the pocket of his pants.

"how did you do on the exam, tobio?" you asked with your eyebrows raised. he groaned and a frown plastered on his face. "i think i did okay, but i'm not sure if i can pass. but my biggest worry is my english paper." frustration was visible in his voice. "well, we will get the results back tomorrow. just hang in there," you giggled and patted his back.

the walk back home was filled with silence once again. you hummed the tune to your favourite song and he silently enjoyed it. you stopped in front of your house and bid your goodbye to him.

you watched as he walked further up three block away from your house and head on inside. you slip off your shoes and rushed into your house, dashed up into your room and run into the shower.

you washed your hair and washed away all the shampoo, you wrapped the towel around your hair and ran into your room. you picked out a comfortable outfit, an oversized tee and a pair of shorts. since summer was getting really close, the heat had started to show its effect. you took the towel off of your hair and start to blow it dry.

"y/n, eat up. i cooked dinner." your mom told you the moment you sprint downstairs. "uh- okay." you muttered. "are you going somewhere?" she questioned and sat down next to you. you nodded, chewing the food in your mouth.

"hajime is taking me somewhere later, before i leave for tokyo." you told your mom. she nodded and let you continue to eat in peace. you were starving.

you only then realised you only had a bun and milk from the vending machine today because you were too busy with exams and the boys practice, and not to mention packing for tokyo and everything that's happening.

you ate hurriedly which causes a concerned expression spread across your mother's face.

"slow down, you're going to choke." she said and you swallowed your food. you brought your plate to the sink and chug down a glass of water. you turned on the tap water on the sink and washed your used dishes with the sponge and dishwasher. once you were done, you head straight to the bathroom and brushed your teeth.

once you stepped out of the bathroom, you heard a ding from your doorbell. "coming~!" you yelled out and sprinted towards your room, grabbed your phone in your hands and ran downstairs.

"mom i'm going," you blurted out while slipping on your shoes. she hummed in response and said "don't be home too late." before you stepped out of the door.

you greeted hajime with a side hug and he hugged you back with one arm. you noticed that he had his hands behind his back. his eyes gazed at the ground before bringing them back up to meet yours. he took his hand out from behind him and handed you a bouquet of tulips.

his face dusted with a red tint and he cleared his throat. "for you, gorgeous." your eyes lit up with buzz as you took the bouquet and hugged it close to your chest. "thank you hajime! you didn't have to," you felt tears build up in your eyes. "i'm glad you like it, y/n."

you both walked slowly towards the place hajime mentioned. you admired the flower in your hands, your smile never leaving your face. you suddenly felt hajime tugged on your index finger, then slowly entangled his fingers in yours.