7

Midoriya's POV
"MIDORIYA!" I heard Todoroki scream my name. I looked to the audience and I saw Todoroki and Iida fighting Shigaraki and the other two. The magic sword fell to the sand. I finally had a chance. I ran to get it and I was so close but the dragon had other plans. One of it's massive feet knocked me over and held me down. Two of it's claws were on either side of my head. The pressure on my chest was too much, I couldn't breath. The crowd cheered.

The sword I was given had fallen out of my hand. It was inches away from my fingers. Black spots dotted my vision and I fell like my ribs were going to break. I stretched my arm as far as I could. My fingers brushed the hilt. The dragon roared and for a moment I thought I would go deaf. My lungs burned and I tried again. I managed to grasp the pommel and pull the sword to me. I gripped the hilt and blindly stabbed the blade into the dragon's leg.

The dragon roared in pain and lifted it's foot off me. I gasped in a huge breath of air. I rolled out of the way and fire scorched the ground where I had been laying. I could feel the hair on my arm being burnt off. Even though I hadn't fully caught my breath I ran to the sword.

I grasped it and the switch was flicked. The dragon's tail swung at me and I watched myself jump and grab it. I'd definitely made it angry. I climbed onto it's back and the dragon was trying everything it could do to throw me off. It was almost successful a few times. I climbed it's neck and it thrashed it's head around. I could barely keep my grip, even when I had the help of All for One. I prayed I didn't miss and I drove my sword into it's eye. The blade went all the way in and the dragon gave a cry of anguish. I lost my grip and fell off it's head. I landed hard on my back and the air was knocked out of me.

The dragon collapsed with my sword in it's eye. I sat up with a groan. I definitely cracked some of my ribs. All for One was no longer in control and I held my side. I stumbled over to the dragon and pulled the sword out. The blade was covered in dragon blood.

Even though I wanted to lay down and take a week long nap I turned to the VIP section where Iida and Todoroki were still fighting. They were out numbered and I noticed Dabi hadn't used his fire yet. I used my sword to climb the side of the arena, like I did in the cave. My side was screaming but I bit my lip and ignored the pain. Todoroki was fighting Shigaraki and Toga by himself so I went to help. I took Shigaraki by surprise by pushing him away.

"How did you defeat the dragon?!" He cried. I swung my sword and he blocked me. We battled and I tried to think of a way out. I knew Dabi had magic and it was possible the others did too. In strength and power we would be outnumbered. I knew we didn't stand a chance on defeating them, so maybe a distraction to give us time to get away.

Then smoke filled the room. Only instead of gray, like usual smoke, it was red. I could barely see and I coughed. A hand grabbed me by the arm and pulled me to the exit. I stumbled into the clean air and tried to pull my arm away.

"Calm down, Deku. It's us," Bakugou growled. Kirishima followed us with Todoroki and Iida. We took off before Shigaraki and the others could follow. My hand held my side firmly and it hurt with every breath. We found the exit as blue flames erupted in the VIP section. We ran through town, trying to get out as soon as possible. We didn't stop until we couldn't see the town. I let myself fall to the ground and my ribs made me wince. The tall green grass was up around my face.

"Are you okay Midoriya?" Todoroki crouched next to me. I noticed his hand was burnt and the bandages were gone.

"What about you?? Your hand is burnt," I exclaimed.

"I'm going to go find our bags, Bakugou come with me. Kirishima stay here and guard them if it's necessary," Iida ordered. Bakugou grumbled and followed him.

"Your burnt too," Todoroki pointed out. I had a few burns from the dragon but they were nothing compared to Todoroki's.

"It's not as bad as your's," I argued.

"We are both hurt. How about that?" Todoroki suggested sitting next to me. I nodded. As the adrenaline wore off and everything caught up with me, I could barely keep my eyes open. I hadn't slept since my nightmare about All for One and another empty promise he made. I leaned against Todoroki and immediately fell asleep.

When I woke up again Todoroki was shaking my shoulder lightly. His burnt hand was bandaged again. His face was red with blush. Bakugou and Iida were back with our belongings. Iida had the first aid kit out. I sat up and winced.

"Where are you hurting the most?" Iida asked, "I can help you with that first."

"I think I cracked some of my ribs on my left side," I said. He nodded and had me take off my shirt. He felt my ribs to see how bad it was. I gripped my pant leg and tried not to move away from him.

"Luckily you won't need surgery and I can just wrap your ribs to keep them from moving too much before they heal," Iida explained. I nodded and he began to wrap my torso with bandages. Once he finished he treated my burns. I put my shirt back on and stood up.

"Is Midoriya going to be able to travel in this condition?" Todoroki asked. He kept his expression straight but I could tell he was worried. Warmth blossomed in my chest.

"I saw a mining camp near the town. We can steal horses from there and we won't be close enough for Dabi and the other two to be a concern," Bakugou said.

"I saw slaves too, maybe we can free them in the process," Kirishima added.

Iida nodded, "I believe that could work." So Kirishima and Bakugou lead us around the town, while keeping at a distance, to the mining camp.