11

Midoriya's POV
Before he passed out I noticed how pale Todoroki looked. I saw him start to sway and when I was going to ask if he was okay, he collapsed. Fortunately I caught him. Then I noticed the blood dripping from a scratch on his bicep. Iida and Kirishima rushed to his side when I yelled his name. Aizawa came over with Yamada.

"Looks like the basilisk scratched him. Northeast of here in the valley there is a witch, she can heal him but you must hurry," Aizawa said, though he kept his voice calm. A boy with black hair hurried to bring my horse over. "It's fastest if only one of you go with him."

"I will, it is my duty to protect him," Iida said.

"No," I stopped him, "I'm going. It's best I don't stay in one spot too long anyway, with the sword and all." Iida seemed to contemplate my decision.

"Are you sure your up to it?" He voice was filled with uncertainty. I nodded firmly. "Fine. Keep him save." Kirishima took Todoroki out of my arms and I mounted the horse. The prince was lifted up to me and, with help, I got him positioned in front of me. Now that I was closer to his face I could see the beads of sweat on his forehead. The poison was working fast.

"Hiya!" I yelled and the horse took off. The bumping from the horse's running made my ribs ache uncomfortably but I had other things on my mind. I hoped the poison didn't kill Todoroki before I found the witch Aizawa spoke of. The horse galloped over the rocky terrain. Eventually the mountain sloped down and we made our way to the green valley. A river ran through the middle of the valley and on either side grass covered the ground. On the other side of the valley was a small cottage.

The walls were made of smooth gray stones and the roof was made of dull brown shingles. There was a red door with a round window. Smoke curled out of the small stone chimney. I had my horse stop in front of the house and hopped off. I made sure Todoroki wouldn't fall off the horse and I could see how little color was left in his face.

I rushed up to the door and knocked frantically. I could hear someone move around inside and then the door opened. A girl, a few inches shorter than me, stood there. She had short, light brown hair and big brown eyes. Her cheeks were rosy. She had a faded pink dress with a maroon hood. Around her waist was a brown belt. She had grey leggings and brown boots. A gold band was around her ring finger.

"Can I help you?" She asked sweetly.

"Can you heal my friend? He was poisoned by a basilisk and he's dying," My words came out in a jumble and I worried she didn't understand me. To my surprise she nodded firmly.

"Bring him in," Then she leaned back into the house, "Honey, we have a patient!" I got Todoroki off the horse and carried him to the cottage. The girl held the door opened for me and closed it once I was inside. The house wasn't big, The entrance, living area, and kitchen were all one room. The fire place had a pot hanging over a small fire. Two wooden chairs were by the fire. In the middle of the floor was a green round rug. There were a few other doors leading to other rooms.

Another girl came out of one of the doors. She had long green hair, tied together at the end. She had dark green eyes. Her dress was emerald green with a corset. Her short sleeves were white and puffy. Her skirt had red and white stripes and it went to her shins. Over the flowing skirt she had a forest green apron. She had a silver band around her ring finger.

"Bring him in here," She gestured to the room. The inside of the room gave me chills. On one side of the room was table and shelves filled with bottles and jars. In the jars were different colored liquids and plants. Some had bugs, living and dead. On the other side of the room was a plain bed. There was a window on the back wall. I prayed I could trust these girls, knowing this is my only choice to save Todoroki.

"Set him down," The browned hair girl said. She went to look through the bottles on on of the shelves. The green haired girl ushered me out of the room.

"Trust my wife, she has a lot of practice," She said. The door was shut, separating Todoroki and I. "I'm Tsuyu Asui, but you can call me Tsu. The girl helping your friend is Ochaco Uraraka."

"I'm Izuku Midoriya," I responded, "Thank you for helping, I hope I made it here in time."

"You can sit down, I'll make you some tea," Tsu said.

Bakugou's POV
I watched as Midoriya raced off with Todoroki. The happy mood the villagers had dropped. It was annoying, I couldn't do anything to help.

"I feel there is no need to crowd the witch's home so you three can stay in Nedzu for a little bit," Aizawa said to Kirishima, Iida and I. He led the way and the three of us followed with the rest of the villagers. The boy who brought Midoriya's horse came over to us with some blonde guy.

The horse kid had straight black hair and dark eyes and the blonde kid had a black lightning bolt in his bangs. His eyes were a yellow-amber color and he seemed like he had too much energy 24/7.

"I'm Hanta Sero," Said the black haired kid.

"And I'm Denki Kaminari," The energetic kid added. They walked on either side of Kirishima and I. I ignored them but of course Kirishima said something.

"I'm Eijiro Kirishima and this is my friend Bakugou," He said. I winced internally. I was the one who insisted we kept our relationship a secret but it still sucked when he said friend.

"How did you guys defeat that thing? Our soldiers have been trying for weeks!" Kaminari exclaimed with disbelief. Kirishima began to describe our fight with great detail. He used adorable over-exaggerated hand gestures and I couldn't help but let a small smile slip.

Soon we arrived at a dip in the mountain created by natural forces and time. Nestled in between the tall rock walls was a small town with clay houses. Villagers walked around on the dirt roads that snaked through the town. A few people noticed Aizawa's return and questioned why he was back from patrol early.

"Spread the word, there is going to be a meeting in the middle of town," Aizawa said. The people walked off excitedly and muttered among themselves. We were lead to the middle of the town where a circle of smooth stone was elevated above the streets. It looked like a stage and was ten feet across. Aizawa and Yamada stepped onto the stage and gestured for the rest of us to stay. More people started gathering around and whispered to each other, wondering what the occasion was. A few noticed Iida, Kirishima, and I and pointed to us, nudging their friend's shoulder.

"I called everyone here for some good news," Aizawa announced, "The basilisk has been killed thanks to these travelers." He gestured the three of us. "Two of their friends aren't here because of health issues but because of the help they provided us I want some of you to guide them through the mountains. No one has to volunteer immediately but-"

"We'll do it!" Kaminari, Sero, and some girl with pink hair stepped forward.

"I guess we have our volunteers already. You all can return to what you were doing," Aizawa finished. The crowd around us dispersed with excited chatter.