22

Todoroki's POV
I kept an eye on Midoriya while we fought. If he beat All for one in their mental battle he would be at a disadvantage. He was fighting one on one with Shigaraki. Luckily Mina and Kaminari were helping me keep Dabi and Toga busy so they couldn't gang up on Midoriya.

The three from Chester were strong. We seemed to be stuck in a back and forth fight. One would attack and the other person would block and vice versa. Dabi was more than happy to use his fire magic which made it more difficult for Kaminari and I. Since Dabi had the magic advantage two of us fought him. Mina fought by herself with Toga.

As we fought, neither side made much progress. I could tell Mina and Kaminari were getting tired and I knew I was too. I couldn't read Shigaraki, Dabi, and Toga well but they seemed to be wearing out too. We needed some way to get the advantage, even if it was just barely.

The door opened again and Kirishima, Bakugou, Iida, and Sero burst in. They had their own injuries but nothing major. It struck me as odd to see Sero and Kirishima holding pans but I was quickly distracted when Dabi tried to catch me off guard. The four came in, rushing to help us. With their assistance we had the advantage. With a firm hit to the head from the hilt of my sword, Dabi crumbled to the ground. With the ropes from my bag and Kaminari and I tied him up, leaning him against the rocky wall. Toga was set next to him soon after.

When I turned to see where Midoriya and Shigaraki went, I spotted them next to the pit. They were dangerously close to the edge and my stomach flipped. I ran to help Midoriya and Bakugou had the same idea. Bakugou pushed Shigaraki, catching him off guard. I could see the realization on Shigaraki's face as he began to fall. I watched as anger, fear, and desperation passed through his face.

He reach out for anything to safe him and his hand grasped Midoriya's sword. With All for One in control, I knew there was no way Midoriya would let go. My heart jumped to my throat as I reached out to Midoriya. He began to lose his balance and I grabbed the back of his vest. Shigaraki's grip was too tight and the sword was pulled from Midoriya's hand. Shigaraki fell, screaming curses.

I pulled Midoriya away from the edge and he collapsed into my arms. We both fell to the ground and I held Midoriya close to me. It was silent while we took a moment to understand what just happened.

"He's gone," Midoriya sighed and I could feel him relax. A smile broke out on my face. Mina, Kaminari, Sero, Iida, and Kirishima started cheering and giving each other high fives. Kirishima dragged Bakugou to the others and kept an arm wrapped securely around the others waist. I stood up and helped Midoriya up too. He stumbled and I caught him.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, fighting All for one took a lot out of me. I didn't even win," His mood dropped. I wrapped one of his arms around my shoulders and I wrapped my arm around his back to help support him.

"All for one was strong, and I could tell you came very close," I said and I started to lead him the others.

"Yeah, I guess." A small smile was on his face. The others congratulated Midoriya and asked if he was okay. There was a grin on his face the whole time.

Midoriya's POV
I was ecstatic once All for one was gone. He couldn't manipulate me anymore. Everyone else's excitement made me beam and Todoroki's arm he had around me gave me butterflies in my stomach. Even so, I was exhausted. The trip itself was tiring with the constant travel and rough terrain, along with All for one entering my dreams and ruining my sleep schedule. Fighting him in the end was especially draining.

"How are we going to get out of here?" Kirishima said once our celebrating calmed down. Thinking back, the way we got in would harder to go through in reverse, especially since we fell into one of the rooms.

"There must be another door. Maybe it's camouflaged in the walls," Iida said thoughtfully, his eyes scanning the walls. We split up and searched the walls for any signs. Todoroki stayed by my side in case I needed help.

Finally, Bakugou called, "I think I found it." The rest of us went over to where he stood in front of the wall. In the rock, faintly etched, was Provorago's symbol. The symbol was part of a door and when Bakugou pushed it, with some difficulty, the door opened. Behind it a rocky, uneven tunnel twisted and turned leading to the exit.

Bakugou, Iida, Kirishima, and Sero kept their swords out and guided Dabi and Toga, who were waking up, through the tunnel. Kirishima and Sero traded their pans for the extra swords Todoroki and I brought. I followed with the others and I noticed Todoroki stayed by my side the whole time. When we finally found the end of the tunnel, there was a door made of stone. We pushed it open and came out on the side of Mt. Shimura. The moon was disappearing and the sun was beginning to peek over the horizon. With the door closed behind us, it was impossible to tell it was there. It was camouflaged perfectly into the mountain side.

We made our way carefully down the steep slope. Dabi and Toga were forced to comply since their hands were bound and Bakugou, Kirishima, Iida, and Sero had the swords pointed at them. We got into the valley and I felt like I might collapse again.

"We should begin walking back to Nedzu. The sooner these two are contained the better," Bakugou said gesturing to Dabi and Toga.

"We need rest. I don't think Midoriya will be able to travel long without it," Todoroki said glancing nervously to me, like he was afraid I would collapse again.

"I'll be fine, it's best we get back soon," I said in attempt to reassure him. Even so, he looked skeptical.

"Midoriya, you are in no condition. You are pale and obviously exhausted from over exerting your body," Iida pointed out, "Bakugou, Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, and Mina can go ahead. Todoroki and I will stay with you so you can rest. The other five can get Dabi and Toga to Nedzu sooner."

"Sounds good," Kirishima shrugged. The others agreed and I nodded weakly. Bakugou's group took turns guarding the two from Chester while they took care of any injures they got while fighting. Todoroki, Iida, and I did the same. Then our group split up and Iida, Todoroki, and I set up a temporary camp in a small cluster of boulders at the base of the mountain. They kept us hidden from the rising sun though I didn't think the light would be a problem when I fell asleep. We made a small campfire, since the three from Chester were no longer a threat. Todoroki leaned against one of the boulders as we ate a quick breakfast. I sat next to him and soon I could barely keep my eyes open.

Instead of getting my sleeping bag out, I simply laid on the ground and lay my head on Todoroki's leg without a second thought. I immediately fell in a deep dreamless sleep.