8

Kirishima's POV
"How did you guys know to help us?" Todoroki asked Bakugou and I. We walked through the grass. The sun had nearly set, the dark sky would be a good cover.

"We heard about an execution so we decided to check it out. Bakugou thought of the smoke bombs though," I said.

"You two should have brought stuff to get yourselves out. Your lucky we showed up," Bakugou growled.

"I thought arenas like that were illegal," Midoriya said, "Where people are killed for entertainment."

"They must have made a deal with my father when he was still around and my mother didn't find out," Todoroki said. Enji Todoroki used to be king but a little over a year ago he got sick and passed away. He wasn't a great king or father and some of his rules weren't just. We came up on the mining camp Bakugou and I saw earlier. We were far enough away so no one would notice us.

"Midoriya will stay here and we can leave our bags with him," Iida ordered, "Todoroki, Kirishima, and I will focus on the slaves, Bakugou can get the horses."

"I'm coming too!" Midoriya protested, "I can still help."

"You are not coming in your condition," Iida said.

"But-"

"Midoriya, as the prince and your future king, I order you to stay here," Todoroki said firmly. Midoriya stared at him in disbelief. I was shocked too. Todoroki never used his royal status to get us to do anything. Midoriya's eyes darted to each of us to see if we would stand up for him. We stayed silent and he sat dejectedly.

"Now that matter has been situated I suggest we hurry, I didn't want to see how fast we can be discovered," Bakugou growled. We left our bags with Midoriya like Iida said made out way to the camp quietly. We split up and Iida, Todoroki, and I found the entrance to the mine. Two guards waited around it and I could faintly hear the pickaxes.

Todoroki and Iida stealthily moved around and knocked them out from behind. I ran to meet them and I grabbed the guards' swords. We followed Iida into the mine. It wasn't very deep yet and we soon found the slaves. Many tunnels branched off from the one we went down. The slaves wore only rags which were covered in dirt and grim, like their faces and hands. On their wrists were metal cuffs that were chained together. Each person had pickaxes that they swung at the mine's walls. A guard yelled when he saw us and Iida swiftly knocked him out. Todoroki grabbed the man's sword. Already more guards were coming. Some slaves stopped what they were doing to watch what we were doing, others, I'm sure, were too scared of the consequences.

I went up to the closest slave to me. She flinched away. "We're here to help. Hold out your hands and I'll break your chains." She hesitated but did it anyway. I broke the chains with my sword. "Can you use a sword?" She nodded, "Here, go help free the others." I handed her one of the guard's swords I collected. She took it, gave me a firm nod, and ran to the man next to her. Then I went to help some more slaves and hand out the rest of the guard's swords I had.

Iida and Todoroki fought the guards and occasionally threw me their sword. I finished helping the slaves in our area and I helped my two comrades. We finished off the guards in the mine and tons of slaves had already run out to the fresh air. We followed in case there were more guards outside. The slaves had taken charge. An fought off the rest of the guard themselves. The sun was gone and stars twinkled above us.

"Please spread the word, west of here is a town. It is less than a days travel and you can get help there. We wish we could escort you but we have other matters that need attending," Iida announced to the slaves. They began mumbling and talking to each other. The girl I saved earlier came up to me.