Chapter 7: Complications

A/N: 10.06.2021

🏠🏠🏠

I clutched my chest, taking in a deep breath before following her. I took in a tight breath, before following her. I kept my head down, slightly turning my face to the side in hopes that Will wouldn't notice me.

My clammy hands clenched inside my pockets and my heart started to race to the point where my chest hurt. I felt like I was a burglar trying to sneak into someone's house, hoping not to get caught.

It's okay Ji Hoon, Lola's probably right. Will was drunk last night, so he probably doesn't even remember you. Besides, if he's a professor, then he's probably already had thousands of other students before, there was no way he could remember them all.

I was about to walk up the stairs, rejoicing in my head for not having been notice, but I heard him call my name and froze stiff. The blood from my neck drained down my neck and my stomach quenched.

"Ji Hoon?" he spoke in his husky voice.

Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck... What do I do?! Do I keep walking? Well, that's a little too late now that I've stopped in my steps. Do I turn around and pretend like he's got the wrong person?

Should I use racism to my advantage for once and tell him that not all Asians look alike, that he probably mistook me for some other dude? Yeah, that should work, shouldn't it?

I licked my dry lips, mechanically turning towards him with a wry smile plastered on my face. I looked into his familiar brown eyes, rimmed behind thick square glasses.

"Um, I think you have the wrong person. My name is-"

"Ji Hoon?" called Lola from her seat. "Come on, class is starting!"

Throw me off a roof and run me over with a car,why don't you?

A nervous chuckle escaped my lips as Will raised an amused brow.

"Apparently you have the wrong person but the right name," I mumbled sheepishly.

Will smiled, walking closer towards me which made my body stiffen. I took a step back, accidentally bumping into the table behind me and looking like a total clutz.

"So it is you," he murmured, his minty breath making me flinch. "Who knew that we'd meet again like this?"

Not me, that's who.

"I didn't know that you majored in literature," he smiled gently. But there was something in the way he looked me that was giving me major creep vibes. And for some reason, I couldn't seem to burn the memory of seeing him lying naked in bed from my mind, nor the image of his microscopic dick that did absolutely nothing for me last night.

"Your skin is so smooth and pale. Such a creamy tone, I could just bite into it." His words echoed in my mind and I tried my best not to feel sick.
"I was quite sad when you left without notice," he murmured a bit quieter.

I bit my lower lip, but noticed that his eyes were now focused on them. His Adam's apple bobbed and I quickly stopped biting my lip.

'I am not trying to seduce you!' was what I wanted to yell at him. But considering the position he had and the situation that I was in, I couldn't. So instead, I forced another smile, one so fake that even Barbie wouldn't be able to imitate.

"You uh, you should start class. The other students are probably waiting for you to talk about Shakespeare or something," I mumbled, cringing at how stupid that sounded. But Will smiled, clapping my arm and giving my shoulder a small squeeze.

I couldn't burn my memories but I could still burn my clothes.

"Call me Mr. Gabs, but you can call me Richards outside of class," he winked, speaking low enough for only me to hear.

Just kill me now.

"I'll keep that in mind," creep.
I squirmed out of his grasp and quickly joined Lola, pulling out the chair and sitting down. I sunk in my chair, hiding myself behind the person in front of me so that Mr. Gabs couldn't see me from his angle while staring at absolutely nothing in daze.

"What did he say to you?" whispered Lola.

"You basically threw me under the bus," I murmured, my voice monotonous.

"Throw you under the bus?" she repeated in confusion.

"I'm basically roadkill now."

Lola sighed. "You're overexaggerating Ji Hoon."

"Splattered all over the floor," I went on.

"Okay, are you done?"

"My fresh blood trailing down the grey cement, guts scattered all over."

"No wonder you major in literature," she grumbled.

I gulped, slowly turning towards her.

"He remembers me," I whispered. "He said that I should call him by his first name outside of class."

Lola didn't know if she should laugh or feel bad for me, resulting in a stiff chuckle followed by confused brows.

"Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I prefer having you date a daddy professor than that psychotic roommate of yours," she said, her voice softer. "Anyone on this planet is healthier for you than him."

I frowned but she gave me a small nudge.

"But jokes aside, if any one of the two try to hurt you, I'll run over their dicks with the same bus that I killed you with," she winked. I couldn't help but chuckle, a small smile inevitably pulling at my lips.

Lola always knew how to make me laugh and help me feel better. If only I had met her in high school, things probably would have been a lot different.

Mr. Gabs started class and I leaned my cheek against my knuckles, turning my face to the side. But when I did, my eyes locked with the person sitting a few tables across from me. Bus boy looked just as surprised as I did, his emerald green eyes widening as he recognized my face.

But instead of looking away, he smiled at me; one so sweet and genuine that for a split second, a seldom warmth reflected by his lips coursed through me.

Without giving a smile in return, I panicked and quickly turned my face away, my jaw tightening as I probably just made myself look like a total snob. But as much as I wanted to, I just couldn't find myself to turn back towards him. So I glanced towards Mr. Gabs who was now introducing his power point.

I thought that my life was already complicated enough, but it seemed like this was only just the beginning.

🏠🏠🏠

Too much drama in one chapter 😭😂