Chapter 27: 3 A.M

A/N: 29.05.2023

Hello everyone, this is the last chapter of book #1 of My Lovely Roommate. This chapter might be slightly confusing because I had to skip a chapter (the previous one that will not be published here contains explicit scenes).

This one has fade-out/implied sex scenes and remains the censored version.

I hope you guys enjoyed book 1! It sure was an emotional ride 🥺😫 Book 2 has more scenes with Tobias, and (SPOILER?) Jax might actually have some serious character development. Hard to believe, right? I said MIGHT 🥹 it's for you guys to decide whether or not it can be considered character dev :')

Enjoy this last chapter Homies ❤️

🏠🏠🏠

It was 3 a.m when I woke up, lying beside Toby who was asleep in nothing but his boxers. I looked slowly sat up, careful not to wake him. For some reason, without any particular reason, looking at him made me smile. Something about him lit a fire in my heart and warmed my soul, something that I never felt with Jax before. With Jax... With Jax, everything was cold. I didn't quite know how to describe it, but I never felt safe in his arms, nor did I find any form of warmth. Only temporary comfort.

The bed slightly creaked when I leaned on my elbow to brush away warm, dark chocolate curls that framed his face. His strong chest raised and fell slowly at each breath, and I wanted to rest my head against it and fall back asleep in his arms.

But the rain outside that hit against the window caught my attention. It was almost pitch dark outside.

I slowly got out of the covers and tiptoed towards the closed window, pressing my fingers against the transparent glass. The heat of my body created fog that expanded slowly. I watched the rain dribble down one by one, wanting to open the window to touch them. I wanted to feel the cool autumn breeze against my cheeks, feel the cold drops of rain against my skin, smell the fragrance of earth enter my nostrils and fill my body with a sweet sense of joy.

I grabbed my clothes that were laid across the floor, surprised that my body was moving so flexibly after the number times Toby and I went at it last night. My body hurt, but the pain I felt with Jax was uncomparable. This? This was nothing. Toby was careful and cautious with me the entire time, the treated me the way I should have been treated years ago, the way Jax never did and probably never would.

Yesterday was blissful, it was what I imagined sex to be when I was a teenager, it was what a lot of people believed sex to be when they were young and naïve: passionate, full of pleasure and desire, two bodies and souls linked harmoniously.

I put on my shoes and quickly tied the laces before heading towards the door. I stopped for a second, turned around to look at Tobias who slept peacefully under the covers. I gave him a small smile, even though he was asleep, I smiled at him, before leaving his dorm room to go outside.

I walked down the dark halls, the sound of rain pounding against the windows and made them clatter violently. The further I went, the more darker and colder the atmosphere seemed to get. The memories of Jax and I in high school, the memories of us after graduation, every trace of him filled my mind like water rushing into an empty tank.

I could still remember how I stared at him from afar, watching him play football with his friends; how he'd look up from the field and meet my eyes, as if he knew that I'd been staring from the class window the entire time. And he'd smile at me, his lips almost touching the blues of his eyes like how one would reach upwards to touch the sky, starting fireworks inside my chest.