Chapter 26: Love Sick

I got off the bus and entered the building to my apartment in a daze. When the elevator doors closed in front of me, I stood in the metal box, staring at the silver doors without a thought in mind. I've ridden this elevator over a hundred times, it was dark and creaky, moving like a snail and smelling like old people. I watched the dull orange number shift as I went past each floor.

And then it hit me.

Everything hit me like a train, going full speed into my brain.

Someone kissed me. Toby kissed me. Toby liked me.

I was so bewildered that I didn't even seem to care about the fact that I didn't manage to find the illegal footage that Mr. Gabs filmed; someone liked me. A real human being, a normal person, was interested in disgusting little me. Did this mean that I had a boyfriend now? That I was in a relationship? Would I be able to do normal things without my significant other? Go on and dates and have fun?

I felt like an excited little boy who just had his first kiss. I've slept with countless men, but this was the first time that I felt as if my kiss was real.

I raised my hand to my lips and brushed the tip of my index against the area that touched Toby's lips, contemplating as they still felt warm, as if his skin had never left mine. I wish they never did.

I snapped out of my thoughts when I heard the loud 'DING'.

I was home.

I reluctantly trudged out of the elevator and slid the key into the keyhole, twisting the door which creaked up. Before going in, I made sure that Jax's slippers were still in the shoe rack to make sure that he wasn't home. They were still there.

I let out a small sigh of relief, taking my shoes off and putting on my slippers. Jax was probably still at work, maybe I'd have enough time to grab some clothes and ask Toby if I could stay at his place.

I shook my head.

No, no, you don't want to come as too clingy. Maybe I can crash at someone else's place.

I paused. But then wouldn't that be considered cheating?

I suddenly felt confused and lost, feeling inexperienced in the dating realm, because I was. The furthest I've gone with another man was to his bed, feelings were never involved. Well, apart from Jax of course, but he was a particular case.

Speaking of Jax, I didn't even want to know what he'd do to me after not answering his call, and he was definitely going to leave a bruise or two for taking the vibrator out. I really needed to get out of here while I still could. I walked down the hall but stopped in my steps as I heard squeaking from my room.

Was there a mouse in the house?

As much as I wanted to believe it was a mouse, the noise seemed to loud to come from a little creature. Fear suddenly sat on me like a pillow over my mouth and nose, making it hard for me to breathe. I gulped, chills crawling down my spine. My body tightened and hesitant at first, I decided to follow the noise that led to my room. As I got closer, I could hear mutters and whispers.

Did someone break in?!

I jumped, slapping my hands over my mouth to hold back a cry when I heard someone shriek inside my room. It was the voice of a girl, there was no doubt about it. My heart pounded inside my chest, banging to get out while my pulse raced to the rhythm. As I approached my room, I could see Jax through the small crack of the half closed door, and Madison below him. She was bare naked, her long, slim legs spread wide open, while Jax had a handful of her hair, thrusting inside of her.