Chapter 12: Home

A/N: Sep 19, 2022

Hey everyone, we have a new update!
Q/A: how is the weather where you are? Because it's starting to get cold here. Autumn is coming soon👀🍂

🏠🏠🏠

I woke up to a throbbing pain at the back of my head, letting out a miserable, raspy moan. My entire body felt sore, especially my throat, which still ached from chugging down so much alcohol last night. When my eyesight finally cleared up, I realized I was lying in bed in an unfamiliar room. I noticed something pale lying on the couch across from me, but my eyes still had trouble focusing. I rubbed my eyes and blinked hard.

My mouth fell open, and I quickly slapped a hand over it to stop a scream.

Toby was sleeping on the couch, one arm wrapped over his bare chest. He was wearing nothing but a pair of grey sweatpants, revealing his perfectly sculpted torso.

Realization hit me.

Wait, don't tell me that he and I... That we...

I looked down, but my hand wasn't quick enough to stop a loud gasp. I was wearing nothing but my boxers, my clothes scattered on the floor beside the bed. My eyes flickered from Toby, then to my body, then back to Toby, before staring at my bare chest.

No, no, no, we couldn't have. He said that he was straight last night. But then why were we both half-naked?!

In a frantic panic, I ran a hand over my face and through my hair, pulling the strands from the roots while desperately trying to backtrack to remember what could have happened yesterday night. But all I could remember was screaming "BECAUSE I'M GAY!" to Toby's face in the bathroom. My voice echoed inside my mind, and I felt myself flush in embarrassment.

Out of all the things I could have remembered, my brain decided to remember that.

I took in a deep breath, slapping my cheeks.

Never mind that. You need to get out of here before Toby wakes up.

I carefully removed the blankets and got out of bed, cringing as my weight caused the floor beneath to squeak. I kept my eyes on Toby to ensure he was still asleep while picking up my clothes, quickly putting them on as quietly as possible. Tiptoeing out the door, I stopped, turning towards him with a frown. I crept back to the bed, removing the blankets and placing them over Toby so he wouldn't catch a cold.

He slept on the couch so I could have his bed; it was the least I could do. With a tight smile, I fought back the desire to brush his hair away from his peaceful face.

I thought Jax was the only one who could look so flawless and beautiful when asleep.

I guess I was wrong.

"I'm sorry," I whispered to him, turning around to leave. Once I was out of his dorm room, I leaned against the wall, feeling my chest tighten and my heart pound mercilessly against the insides of my chest.

"I'm so fucking stupid," I muttered to myself, regretting touching a single cup of alcohol. My stomach hurt at the thought of it, and I was starting to feel even more nauseous. I didn't have my phone with me since Lola confiscated it, so I couldn't call anyone to pick me up.

Speaking of Lola, I wonder what happened to her... I hope she's okay.

I got back on my feet, glancing at Toby's door one last time before turning on my heel.

Room number 78.

***

I somehow managed to get back home in the hungover state that I was in. I still had my wallet and just enough money to buy myself a bus ticket. During the entire ride, I couldn't stop groaning to myself in embarrassment, banging my head against the window while trying my best not to vomit.

I was a hot mess.

When I opened the door to my apartment, I didn't expect Jax to be home. Yet, behold the devil himself.

"Well, someone looks miserable," he mused, raising a brow as the door closed behind me. My eyes widened as I saw Jax come out of his room, leaning his shoulder against the wall, one leg crossed over the other. He wore a fancy velvet jacket and black pants, his dark, blond hair neatly pushed back. Jax usually had photoshoots and fashion show rehearsals on Saturday afternoons, and I knew he was about to go out.

Maybe I wouldn't have bumped into him if I had come a little later.

"You're home," I mumbled, my gaze dropped to the ground.

🏠🏠🏠

A/N: Please leave a vote to support Ji Hoon 🥺❤

Q/A: Team Toby or Team Jax? 🙊

P.s: for early updates to this book you can join my Patreon! I posted chapter 13 this morning and will be posting chapter 14 very soon :) You'll also get quicker updates to my other books such as "The Writer's Assistant" and an exclusive ManxMan +18 Mafia story called "The Red District."