Bubba's Back

Dahlia runs along the corridor with Steve, slowing as they get to the portside door "It's stuck

Dahlia runs along the corridor with Steve, slowing as they get to the portside door "It's stuck." Dahlia tells him. Steve moves forward and uses his strength to open the door, revealing the engine completely dead and destroyed "Stark, we're here!" Steve says through comms. "Good. See what we got." Tony says as he flies in his Ironman suit and gets closer to the engine. I gotta get this super conducting cooling system back online before I can access the rotors and work on dislodging the debris. I need you to get to that engine control panel and tell me which relays are in overload position." Tony tells Steve and Dahlia. The pair of them nod and Steve jumps over to the other side of the broken railing, Dahlia takes a running jumping and grabs Steve hand letting him pull her up. Dahlia smiles and opens the control panel "What's it look like in there?" Tony asks them. "It seems to run on some form of electricity." Steve responds making Dahlia chuckle. "Well, you're not wrong." Tony says. Smiling Dahlia checks over the relays "The relays are intact. What's our next move?" she asks Tony after a few minutes. "Even if I clear the rotors, this thing won't re-engage without a jump. I'm gonna have to get in there and push." Tony explains. "Well if that thing gets up to speed, you'll get shredded!" Steve retorts. "Then stay in the control unit and reverse polarity long enough to disengage mag..." Tony starts. "Speak English!" Steve interrupts. "See that red lever? It'll slow the rotors down long enough for me to get out. Stand by it, wait for my word." Tony tells them.

Steve spots the lever and jumps over to it; Dahlia shakes her arms as jumps, Steve catching her once again. A group of men in S.H.E.I.L.D uniforms appear making Dahlia look slightly confused, the men start firing at them making Dahlia get her bow out and use a wire arrow to swing across. As she reaches the other side by the men she kicks one in the face before going hand to hand with one of them as Steve starts firing at them. After a few minutes Nick starts speaking over comms "It's Barton. He took out our systems. He's headed for the detention level. Does anybody copy?" he asks. Dahlia knocks a man out and looks at Steve who turns to her "Go, I've got this." he tells her. Dahlia nods and starts running down the corridor "This is Agent Romanoff. I copy." Natasha says over comms. "This is Agent Barton, I also copy." Dahlia responds as-well. Dahlia spots Natasha and runs over to her "You okay?" she asks her friend. "Yeah, you?" Natasha asks. "Never better." Dahlia smiles. The friends smile and run off together to find Clint. As they each the equipment level they find him walking down a catwalk Natasha works her way up to him with Dahlia right behind her. The three of them start fighting hand to hand as Clint drops his bow "Clint stop being an ass and come to your sense." Dahlia groans and she gets her feet knocked from under her. Clint swings at Natasha making her grab and twist it, using his other arms he tries slashing at her with a knife. Dahlia jumps up and kicks her brother in the face giving Natasha a chance to slam his head down into the railing. Dahlia steps closer as Clint looks at them "Dahlia, Natasha..." he starts. Natasha punches him, knocking him out cold "Ow." Dahlia comments.

Natasha smiles and the pair of them lift Clint up and pull him to medical where he is restrained on a bed. Dahlia sits down and rubs her face with her hands when Nick suddenly comes over on comms "Agent Coulson is down." he says. "Paramedics are on their way." an Agent tells him. "They're here... They called it." Nick says. Dahlia puts a hand over her mouth and lets out a small sob, Natasha sits next to her and hugs her as she cries. Dahlia wraps her arms round her friends middle and puts her face in he her neck "When I find Loki he's going to pay." Dahlia cries. "I know." Natasha responds. Clint starts waking up and starts trying to shake off Loki's mind control, Dahlia and Natasha pull away and turn to face him "Clint, you're gonna be alright." Dahlia tells her brother wiping her eyes. "You know that? Is that what you know? I got...I gotta go in though. I gotta flush him out." Clint responds. "We don't have that long, it's gonna take time." Natasha tells him. "I don't understand. Have you ever had someone take your brain and play? Pull you out and send something else in? Do you know what it's like to be unmade?" Clint asks. "You know that I do." Nat responds. "Why am I back? How did you get him out?" Clint questions. "Cognitive recalibration." Dahlia smiles. Clint looks slightly confused "Nat hit you really hard in the head." she clarifies. "Thanks." Clint responds.

Natasha unfastens the restraints "Tasha, Dal, how many agents?" Clint asks. "Don't. Don't do that to yourself, Clint. This is Loki. This is monsters and magic and nothing we were ever trained for." Dahlia tells her brother. "Loki, he got away?" he asks. "Yeah. I don't suppose you know where?" Nat asks him. "I didn't need to know. I didn't ask. He's gonna make his play soon though. Today." Clint responds. "We gotta stop him." Dahlia sighs. "Yeah? Who's we?" Clint asks them. "I don't know. Whoever's left." Natasha responds. "Well, if I put an arrow in Loki's eyesocket, I'd sleep better I suppose." Clint says. "I'm gonna help you." Dahlia tells him. "Now you sound like yourselves." Natasha smiles sitting next to Clint, Dahlia sitting the other side of him. "But you don't. You're a spy, not a soldier. Now you want to wade into a war. Why? What did Loki do to you?" Clint asks Natasha outing an arm round his sister. "He didn't, I just..." Natasha pauses. "Natasha." Clint says. "I've been compromised. I got red in my ledger. I'd like to wipe it out." Nat tells them. Dahlia smiles and leans into her brother "I'm glad you're back bubba." she tells Clint. "Good to be back Dal." Clint responds kissing the top of her head.