Thor's Vision

(Same outfit as previous chapter)

Dahlia sits looking out the window, getting up when she sees Steve return with the Maximoff twins "Steve, Nat?" she asks, rushing over. Steve shakes his head making Dahlia look down with tears in her eyes "Hey, we'll find her." Steve tells her, giving her a hug. Dahlia nods as they pull away "Where's Stark?" Steve asks. "In the lab with Bruce, Clint's working on some old school spy techniques to try and find Nat. Why we heading to the lab?" Dahlia asks, walking alongside Steve as they head to the lab. "Stark is going to use the cradle." Wanda tells her. "He's not... He's a complete idiot!" Dahlia glares, storming ahead with the others following "I'm gonna say this once." Steve tells Tony. "How about 'nonce'?" Tony responds. "Shut it down!" Dahlia glares. "Nope, not gonna happen." Tony tells her. "You don't know what you're doing." Steve tells him. "And you do? She's not in your head?" Bruce retorts, motioning to Wanda. "I know you're angry." Wanda starts. "Oh, we're way past that. I could choke the life out of you and never change a shade." Bruce threatens. Dahlia protectively puts the twins behind her as she glares "Banner, after everything that's happened-" Steve starts. "That's nothing compared to what's coming!" Tony cuts in. "You don't know what's in there!" Wanda warns. "This isn't a game." Steve glares. Dahlia looks at Pietro "You able to unplug everything?" she asks quietly. "The creature-" Wanda starts. Pietro nods at Dahlia and uses his speed to unplug the lab equipment "No, no. Go on. You were saying?" he asks.

Just then there's a gunshot and Pietro falls through the glass floor as it shatters "Pietro!" Wanda exclaims. "What? You didn't see that coming?" Clint asks. "I'm rerouting the upload." Tony tells Bruce who grabs Wanda. "Go ahead, piss me off." he tells her. Dahlia runs over and tries to unplug the cradle but is stopped as Thor flys in and hits the cradle with his hammer, sending a bolt of lightning through it that brings the body to life "Wait!" Bruce exclaims, everyone looking at the new entity in shock. The entity launches himself at Thor, who throws him at the window. It stops and looks out the window as everyone makes their way into the main room "I'm sorry, that was...odd. Thank you." it says, looking at Thor. Dahlia frowns "Thor, you helped create this?" Steve asks. "I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its center is that." Thor explains, pointing at the stone in the entity's head. "What, the gem?" Bruce asks. "It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor nods. "Then why would you bring it to..." Dahlia starts. "Because Stark is right." Thor cuts in. "Oh, it's definitely the end times." Bruce says. "The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor tells them. "Not alone." the entity adds.

"Why does your 'vision' sound like JARVIS?" Steve asks. "We... reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony explains. "I think I've had my fill of new." Steve retorts. "You think I'm a child of Ultron?" the entity asks. "You're not?" Dahlia asks. "I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am... I am." it responds. "I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda says. "Look again." it tells her. "Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint pipes up. "Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor explains. "Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve asks. "I don't think it's that simple." the entity responds. "Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint glares. "I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." the entity explains. "What's he waiting for?" Tony asks. "You." it responds. "Where?" Bruce asks. "Sokovia. He's got Nat there too." Clint responds, Dahlia looking over to him. "If we're wrong about you, if you're the monster that Ultron made you to be..." Bruce threatens. "What will you do? I don't want to kill Ultron. He's unique, and he's in pain. But that pain will roll over the earth, so he must be destroyed. Every form he's built, every trace of his presence on the net, we have to act now. And not one of us can do it without the others. Maybe I am a monster. I don't think I'd know if I were one. I'm not what you are, and not what you intended. So there may be no way to make you trust me. But we need to go." the entity explains, picking up Thor's hammer and giving it to him. Everyone looks at them in shock "Right. Well done." Thor says, clapping Tony on the shoulder. "Three minutes. Get what you need." Steve tells everyone.

Dahlia turns to the twins "You two, with me." she tells them, walking off. The twins look at each other and nod before following Dahila, the three of them stopping when they get to Dahlia's and Nat's room. Walking in, Dahlia walks over and grabs a red leather jacket and hands it to Wanda "Here, it doesn't fit me anymore but it should fit you. Pietro, there's some trainers in that box over there. There should be a pair that fit you." she tells them. "Thank you." Wanda smiles, pulling the jacket on as her brother goes over to the box to find a pair of trainers. Dahlia smiles and nods "You two need anything before we go?" she asks. "No, thank you." Wanda shakes her head. "Why... Why are you being so nice to us?" Pietro asks. "Because you're both scared teens who just wanted to finally see justice for what happened to their family. You're not bad kids, you just need someone to help you find your way." Dahlia responds, the twins smiling slightly.