Millennial Tree x Reader

Dance with me

Requested by me being a goddamn simp

-

Nobody said you needed music to dance.

Clearly nobody told these two either, as they swayed in silence. Their only sense of rhythm came from the occasional birdsong ringing out into the forest, as neither of them really ever danced before.

It was nothing fancy or noteworthy in the slightest. Their head rested in the crook of his neck, a hand on his shoulder while he kept his hand on their waist. They moved slowly, carefully through the flowers of the clearing, their eyes closed, lost in the moment, lost in the tranquility of it all.

Neither had planned this, mind you. They have been simply taking a stroll, and stopped to rest at that one clearing. A butterfly had landed on one of his horns, and his beloved moved to perhaps get the small insect to move onto their finger. The close proximity had caused him to subconsciously raise his hands to hold them. And it just went from there.

They briefly raised their head, only to plant a soft kiss on his cheek. He hummed, the gentle hold he had on their hand tightening in appreciation for a moment.

And then it happened. Slipping on a loose rock in the midst of a back step, he fell, and brought them down with him. They didn't mind. Deciding to end their little session there, they layed in the flower patch, watching the clouds pass by. He let them play with his hair, that soft smile never leaving his features.

They might just dance more often.