[🌌🌼] Squid x Reader

Beach Baby

Requested by ShinyDrakeon15

I know, chapter 20, it's supposed to have drawings- it don't. And it probably won't either- sorry babes, I've not had the mood-

Edit: haha I lied-

-

A lone cookie sits in their bedroom, longingly gazing out the window. Outside was storming pretty heavily. They raised their hand to the glass with a sigh. They were supposed to go on a walk today. The weather was perfect just a few minutes ago!

They traced a frowny face into the condensation with a light groan. The waves outside rose high before crashing down, threatening to reach their little beach side cottage.

Not that it would cause that much harm, they've taken precautions. You outta know what you're getting into when moving so close to the sea.

They leaned back with a sigh and reached for a book on their nightstand. They pulled their legs up on the armchair they were situated in, and flipped the book open at the page marked by a strip of paper they had no other use for.

The winds howled outside for hours on end. The cookie had ended up going to bed eventually, having given up on the hope of going outside that day.

When they woke up the next morning, they immediately were greeted by dark splotches on their ceiling. The roof lost a few tiles in the storm, it seemed. They suddenly knew what they were going to do today.

They were currently up on their roof, carefully placing replacement tiles over the hole the wind tore into their house. Only halfway done, they turned over and sighed, deciding to take a break and gaze at the now calm sea they loved so dearly. With it's sandy beach, seashells, and black blob that wasn't there before.

Wait, huh?

They leaned forwards and squinted in hopes of seeing it better, but alas, their eyes were not capable of magnification.

Infinitely curious, they slipped over to the ladder leaned against the wall and made their way to the ground. They jogged down to the beach, sliding to a halt and kneeling down in the sand beside the tiny blob. It looked squishy, but they didn't dare touch it. It seemed to be some kind of unfortunate marine animal that got beached by the storm yesterday. They've seen a lot of jellyfishes end in this way- some they managed to get back into the water in time. Though they doubted this was a jellyfish.

Shuffling over to the shoreline, they cupped some water in their hands and brought it back quickly before it drizzled out between their fingers. They let the salty water fall upon the blob, in hopes of gauging whether it was alive or not. The little thing flinched. Good, good, it wasn't dead.

They quickly went and got another handful of water, and repeated their previous action. At this, the small ball of darkness rolled over, and slowly opened it's eyes...

And then continued to squeak in alarm and burst into tears. Taken off guard, the cookie panicked and attempted to pick them up.

"Hey, hey, it's okay baby, shh-"

The squid just kept trying to escape their grasp, flailing their arms and making squeaking noises.

They gently cradled the little creature, and wiped at their teary cheek with their thumb.