Timekeeper x Reader

Stay

Requested by ShinyDrakeon15

-

It was rather lovely outside. A perfect day for a picnic. But, as many know, an essential part of a picnic is food, which they currently did not have. So in this beautiful weather, what they planned to do was a quick shopping run. However, they had a problem.

"No."

Said the one they called their significant other. They had been meaning to invite her over that day regardless, but she seemed to pop up without any sort of call. She arrived, and promptly became a stubborn little child.

"Dear I don't know how you work, but I as a mere mortal need to eat-"

"No."

"What do you mean 'No'-"

It wasn't unusual for Timekeeper to prevent them from going somewhere so they'd pamper her all day, but she seemed especially insistent about it this time. And they wanted to spend time with her, they really did, but they wanted to do so in the park while eating cute little sandwiches, and for that they needed to go buy things.

"Look, it will only take twenty minutes at most, I will be back- hell, you can just time jump to where I return!"

They reasoned as they stepped towards the front door. The moment their hand touched the handle, they flashed back to where they stood a few seconds prior. Their hand fell limply to their side as they slowly turned back towards their chronokinetic girlfriend. She was sitting on the couch with a very uncharacteristic frown. A few moments of silence pass.

They sighed and dropped their bag on the floor before going to sit beside her. Her satisfaction was imminent.

"Fine. You win. Guess we'll starve."

"You can go later, just not now."

"Why not though?"

To that she didn't answer. Instead she simply scooted closer and buried her face in their chest. They sighed fondly as she grabbed handfuls of their shirt. There was no helping this, it seemed. She wished to be a baby, and so she was going to be a baby. They reached into their pocket for their cellphone.

"Oh alright. I'll just ask Spinach to bring some stuff for--"

Timekeeper was having none of this, apparently, as she had slapped their phone out of their hands before they could even turn it on. It landed safely on the cushion beside them.

"Okay, what the hell?"

She merely looked up at them, her chin ever so casually resting on their chest still, and dropped the bomb. That damn smile. They were suddenly weak. Sighing in utmost defeat, they slipped her tophat off and put it on themselves. They started gingerly running their fingers through her hair.

"So, you're gonna be needy today, huh."

"Absolutely."