Lilac X Reader

Visit

Requested by xX_Vendigo_Xx

Prepare for pure wholesome, fools

-

Lilac was counting down seconds. Seated beside his sleeping liege did he gaze out the open balcony door, eyeing the moon. He stayed vigilant while resting his eyes for a moment, his hands slowly fidgeting in his lap. They were late. Surely they wouldn't break their little tradition tonight of all nights, right?

The guard stood and silently walked over to Yogurt Cream's walk-in closet, sliding it's doors open slowly as to not wake the man just a few feet away. From the back of the closet he pulled a very long satin curtain, one of the many decorating the main hall below. He regarded it almost fondly. He slid the doors closed.

Just then, a soft whistle sounded from outside. His face seemed to lighten. He gathered the curtain in his arms and walked out to the balcony with light steps. Looking down, he saw a cloaked figure waving up at him. Lilac securely tied the end of the curtain to the railing before tossing the rest over. The cookie below tugged on it a few times, took a few steps back, and jumped up on it from a running start. He leaned on the rail as he watched them climb up, a smile playing at his lips. He took their hand and helped them up once they got close enough.

This was very not allowed. But still, they've been doing this every night for so long, it no longer felt that way. Their feet had barely touched the tiled floor when they threw their arms around him, making him take a step back as he returned the gesture. As they separated, they paused to clip something around his neck. His lips parted slightly as they took their sweet time turning the chain around until a white pendant was left resting on his chest.

"Oh..."

"Happy one year-!"

The newcomer was breathless still, their hood having fallen, revealing just how messy their hair was from running all the way here.

"Thank you, (Y/N)...I never had the time to get you anything, I apologize."

The cookie merely brushed the apology off as they reached up to smooth their hair down. They lowered their voice once they remembered that there was someone sleeping in the room.

"Oh please, it's fine! Really... just seeing you is enough."

"You're too kind."

"Not really. I just love you."

This is how they spent their nightly visits. The pair sat down on the cold balcony floor, hand in hand and their head resting on his shoulder as they spoke about whatever came to mind. Though they would lapse into a comfortable silence eventually, Lilac occasionally turning to plant a soft kiss into their hair.

But alas, they had to leave eventually. They said their goodbyes with the first ray of sunlight, (Y/N) hopping over the rail and gripping the curtain. They didn't really want to go, mind you. But they weren't really allowed here to begin with. They shared a kiss of goodbye over the stone railing before they jumped back, sliding down to the ground.

Lilac watched with his hand tenderly grasping his pendant as they blew one last kiss to him before pulling their hood up and running off into the shadowed backstreets. They've done this so many times. And they'll do it all over again, come nightfall.