Mint Choco X Reader

Assistance

Requested by a friend on discord

-

Five hours until the performance. It wasn't every day that a concert like this was announced. The town's folk were excited, and the crew preparing the local theatre for the arriving virtuoso were somewhat frantic in their final preparations. A certain cookie was up on stage, eyeing the strobe lights up above, motioning for a colleague at the control panel to switch them on. They lit up flawlessly. They gave the other an 'OK' sign.

Four hours. They switched with someone else to catch their breath, if only for a moment. The cleaning crew was finishing up their work as they sat back in one of the cushioned seats lining the corridor leading to the auditorium. They smiled to themselves. Everything was going well. Too well.

Three hours remain. The star of the oncoming show arrived with a light step and a violin case. He seemed to be in a good mood. They greeted him in the hall and offered to show him to the room he could situate himself in until the show. Of course he followed them without an ounce of hesitation. The two made light conversation on the way there.

Two hours left. They had left Mint Choco to his own devices a good while ago so he could rehearse in peace. With such little time left, they decided to do a final round checking everything. The curtains worked as intended, the microphones were functioning perfectly, and the auditorium was starting to fill with cookies eager to listen. They shot finger guns at the audience. Those paying attention chuckled quietly. Some even shot back. Today was a good day.

One hour until the performance. They decided to go check on the man, as to inquire if he was ready or not. They knocked on the door, and heard frantic steps from the other side. The door opened to show Mint in a panic.

"Woah- you good-?"

"I snapped a string-"

He spoke quickly. And indeed, as they looked over his shoulder, his violin lay on a counter with one of it's strings hanging loosely off to the side.

"Oh dear."

"What do I do-?"

"Did you not bring spare strings with you?"

"No, I changed them all before I left, I didn't think it necessary."

"Guess that one was just faulty."

They lightly tapped on his shoulder to be let in. They made a beeline for a cabinet and pulled out a small key from their pocket.

"Take that string out. We keep some supplies and such in here so I may be able to find a replacement for you."

He let out a sigh of relief as they knelt down and turned the key in the door, opening it to reveal things such as polishing equipment for brass instruments.

"...well. There's guitar strings..."

"Those don't work, unfortunately."

"Mm. Hold on."

As they dug around some more, he knelt down beside them to perhaps spot it somewhere they couldn't see. Their hand made contact with a little package in a far corner. As they straigened up to see it in the light, they bumped their shoulder into his chest by accident. The two merely shared a slightly flustered glance before they turned their attention towards the little plastic bag. Bingo.

Ten minutes. He stood behind the closed curtains, waiting for them to open. They walked up next to him to wish him good luck before turning away.

"Wait,"

He called.

"Are you not going to watch me?"

"I'd love to, but I need to leave. I got a call from a friend. She just broke up with her man, the poor thing."

"Oh..."

"But hey, you can return that little favour by inviting me to your next show!"

They chuckled, their smile a silent apology. They turned to leave, waving goodbye to him and the rest of the crew backstage.

"...I will."