Chapter 6

Lizzie's POV

I slam the door shut to my house and walk towards the stairs with tears in my eyes. "Babe!" I hear Robbie call from the living room. I see him and his band hanging out. Empty beer bottles practically covered the coffee table. I am not in the mood for this. I continue to walk to the stairs. He jumps up stumbling after me.

"Babe wait." he calls again. As I step on the first stair he grabs my arm pulling back. I jerk my arm away and look at him. He can tell I've been crying. "Come hang out. The band misses you." Robbie says. I roll my eyes, every time I hang out with them, they end up staring at my breasts. I've told Robbie his friend makes me feel uncomfortable and he responded with 'You're being dramatic.'

At the perfect time I get a call. I make my way back outside to answer it. "Hello?" I said through the phone. "Are we just not friends anymore?" I hear a joking familiar voice on the other end causing me to smile. "Aubrey." I said.

"The one and only." She says. It's been so long since I've heard from her. She moved to Manhattan for a film. "I need some advice." I said. There is silence over the phone. "Follow your heart." Aubrey says. I roll my eyes. "I didn't even tell you my problem yet." I said. I can hear the other girl laugh over the phone. "Lizzie, I've known you for years. whatever you have going on, that will probably be the best advice anyone could give you." Aubrey says.

"It's about that girl, isn't it. You know maybe you should just dump both of them and live life a single pringle like me." Aubrey jokes. I think about the amount as I hold up my hand looking down at my ring. "You're right. I'll have to call you later." I say and hang up. I take the ring off my finger and toss it behind me on the porch as I make my way back to my car.

The rain begins pouring hard as I run back up to her apartment door. I try to open it but it's locked. I slide my hand on the top of the door frame finding the spare key. when I get inside the only light is the ones from the city. "Y/N!" My voice carries through the place. there is no response. I check every room and find nothing. I rush back out, dialing her number. Straight to voicemail. "Y/n, please tell me you're not on that plane. I-I don't want you to leave and I-I don't want to be Fuck buddies. I want it all. I want you. All of you. I..." My rambling gets interrupted."If you are satisfied with your voice message please hang up." The voice recording says ending my call.

I pull up to the closest airport and I'm met with a screen of flight times and destinations. Only one flight is headed to New York and it left 10 minutes ago. I slowly made my way back outside. The rain pours down on me and I drop down to the edge of the curb, placing my hands on my face, out of frustration. I begin to whimper, my sobs muffled by the barrier. "Hey!" I hear someone yell. I ignore it as I continue to cry into my hands.

"Lizzie!" I hear the voice again but it's getting closer. I look up and see her. Y/n. She's walking over to me with her hair and closing getting soaked for the second time today. "What are you doing?" She asks. I stood up to meet her half way. "I came to..." Now that I think about it I have no clue what I'm doing. I just knew I had to stop her from leaving. "What? You came to what?" She asks.

"I..." Well I don't know how to put it into words. she smiles, noticing my struggle to speak. "I just..." Again I am unable to say it. There were about 5 feet in between us. "Didn't your flight leave?" I ask as I realize she should be here. "I may or may not have received your voicemail." She says with a smile. My face goes plain. "So you let me embarrass myself just now and you already knew what I was going to say?" I ask rhetorically. she nods with a smile. I shake my head "Asshole." I said. She closes the space. She leans in, just as she is about to touch my lips she stops. "I'm cold." She whispers.

(Please Vote if it seems fit.)