Chapter 7

Y/n's POV

    We drove around the city for hours just enjoying the company of the other, avoiding the fact I still have to leave. She takes my hand and pulls it into her lap. Lizzie begins to draw little circles on my palm. Her phone has been buzzing in her pocket and we both chose to avoid that too. "You should text him. He's probably worried." I say, I hate Robbie but knowing how special Lizzie is, I know Robbie is going crazy not knowing where she is. Lizzie looks up from our hands and meets my gaze before I'm forced to look back at the road. "Just had to ruin the moment didn't you." She says, sarcastically. 

I roll my eyes before squeezing her hand. Moments pass and I can tell she's thinking about him and it's my fault. I bring the car to a stop on the side of the road before turning off the engine. "Call him." I told her. Our eyes linger on each other for a moment before she hesitantly pulls out her phone. I step out of the car giving her some privacy. The rain has lightened up but it's still pouring. I’m already drenched, what's a little more water?

I face away from the window because seeing her sad makes my heart ache. No one has ever made me feel this way and if I'm completely honest I wouldn't want to feel any other way. Feeling this emotional anguish just means that somebody has made me care. Care so deeply I wouldn't mind feeling distress for them. I regret not letting Lizzie know how I feel. If I would have told her in the beginning maybe just maybe she wouldn't have spent three years with her piece of shit fiance.

After a few minutes I get back in the car and am met with silence. I want to ask what happened but I know she would just lash out at me. I take her hand and begin kissing her knuckle. "I'm fine, but I might need to get a new wardrobe." Lizzie says, trying to crack a joke. "I'll buy you whatever you need." I told her. Money is not a problem for either of us, I just want her to know she will be taken care of. 

"I need to find somewhere to live." Lizzie sighs talking to herself. "I can easily buy you a plane ticket to New York." I say. She turns to me with a small smile. "I can't live with you, Y/n." Lizzie says. I furrow my brows. "Why? I'll have plenty of room for your stuff. And the kitchen is twice the size of mine here. You'll love it." I told her.

Lizzie's POV

"I would love nothing more than to go live with you, but I want to do this right and to do that we need to go slow." I say. I can tell she wants to understand, she just doesn't. "I Know it's confusing. We are starting in the middle, something would be wrong if it wasn’t confusing." I told her. 

She looks away processing what I'm saying. "I just want to be with you. I want to wake up next to you every morning and I want to take you out on real dates. Not stay in my apartment hidden from the world. I want to hold your hand while we walk down the street." She says. 

Her eyes look up to mine. "I want it all." She says repeating my words. I stayed silent as i mentally grinned, "I don't mind if you want to start over and do this right as long as We can be together." Y/n Says making my heart flutter. "You'd start from scratch with me." I asked, receiving a head nod. A smile takes over my face.