Prologue: Back in 2013

Eight Years Ago, 2013

<--------------------------------->

‍‍‍‍‍‍The sound of giggles that echoed in the classroom stopped all of a sudden as the new teacher entered with a bright smile on her face. She was a young graduated teacher majoring in music and instruments. She smiled at her students and then proceeded with the roll count. She set the sheet on her desk and then faced her students who had bright smiles and excitement on their faces. After all it was the first day of freshman year.

Among the group of students was a girl that immediately caught the attention of the Teacher.

The Girl's attire was neat and tidy compared to everyone else. Black hair neatly tied back, round glasses fitting perfectly on her face with a tint of pink on her lips. She didn't look excited or afraid. She looked numb with no expression on her face. Just by looking, it was clear that she wasn't welcomed by other students.

The Teacher decided that it was time to start the class. She smiled at everyone, introduced herself and then decided to directly hit the business.

After a long explanation about music and it's history, the Teacher asked her students to volunteer to play an instrument of their choice.

As expected no one volunteered, the Teacher looked around and then her gaze settled onto a certain student. She smiled at the student and requested her to play something.

The student was surprised, she hated being the source of attention. She always did. Bracing herself, she got off her seat and directly walked towards the piano in the centre of the room without glancing at anyone else.

Everyone in the classroom knew who she was, and her very identity was enough to distance themselves from her. She was a girl born with a golden spoon and privilege. Friendship with her meant an equally sinking titanic.

She sat on the rectangular piano bench and ran her fingers across the black and white keys to familiarize herself with the instrument. Then she took a moment to recall the a piece that she recently learnt. She took a deep breath as the silence in the room was deafening.

She pushed every key that she was supposed to. Her slender porcelain fingers running across the board without missing a single note, impressing everyone present. There was not even a single sound in the room as she played, everyone mesmerized by the melody, a sad melody that was capable if touching every heart present.

As the performance came to an end, a satisfying smile curved on the teacher's face as she walked towards the student to praise. After a few praises,She placed a music book on the music rack with a sheet music for the performer to play.

The girl looked at the Teacher only to be met by another request of a song.

The girl looked at the sheet music and then internally turned depressed. The sheet that was on the rack was the one she was always nervous about mainly because she could never play it right.

But she played, making the same mistake that she did everytime but thankfully it went unnoticed to the students considering the speed at which she was playing. So no one except the Teacher noticed the one missing note.

<-------------------------------->

Meanwhile a rich man in his mid forties walked around the corridors followed by the principal on his right, his assistant by his left and two bodyguards trailing behind.