Ch5: "It's Okay To Cry"

‍‍‍-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

‍‍-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Kang Soo-Jin POV :

I took a sip of my coffee and then looked at the sleeping figure on my examination table. Walking up to him, I questioned, "Why do you have to sleep in my office when you have your own?"

His eyes opened and the book on his face fell to the ground. He seemed to have had a good nap, considering the way he was yawning. As he sat upright, I bent down to pick the fallen book. I saw the cover. Thankfully it wasn't an erotica or porn. It was just a novel, 'Tale of the Scarlet Jade written by Black Star, WWY'.

"What does WWY stand for?" I asked curiously.

He grabbed the book from my grip in a possessive manner, "Wen Wei Yi."

That name almost made me choke on oxygen. The infamous writer, Wen Wei Yi with a dangerous reputation, top graduate of Seoul National University of Law and the woman with the most unbearable attitude was actually his favourite author! The one he could never stop speaking about. It would be totally unimaginable if he gets to know that she's actually in the hospital right now.

But how on earth did I forget about this earlier?

With some curiosity, I asked, "What would you do if you accidentally run into her someday?"

"Walk the other way."

Peculiar answer.

"Why?"

"Because I don't want her to........"

Before he could complete his words, my phone buzzed. It was a call from Han Min-Jae, the one I had left incharge of Wen Wei Yi's supervision. I picked up the call and the words from him really made me resist hard to hold back the string of curses.

"I'll be there soon. Don't panic and  keep it to yourself."

"What happened? " He asked.

I grabbed my white coat and then answered his question with another question, "Are you free right now?"

"Yeh I'm going home in an hour."

I grabbed his hand and then dragged him along with me while saying, "Didnt you say that you were good at hunting down patients when you volunteered in psychiatric department?"

"Of course I still am." The stupid doctor replied.

How did this man even manage to pass the medical school in USA?!

Pushing aside irrelevant matters, "Then help me find a troublesome patient!"

"Whaaaa?"

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

We stood inside Wen Wei Yi's private room. It was just the three of us- Han Min-Jae, me and then Dr. Park. The news about Wen Wei Yi's sudden disappearance was known to only us. This was because the news could cause a serious problem for us if known by the administration.

Dr. Park looked at the blood stains on the floor and pouted. He then looked at Min-Jae and confirmed, "So your high profiled patient with a bounty on her back was left alone in this room and then when Min-Jae came to deliver her meds to her, she was missing with only some of her blood stains left behind."