Imagination 23: Temptations

She watched him keenly as he interacted with his viewers. He was dressed in a short-sleeved striped white shirt that fell casually on his slim structure. He had lost weight from the time she first set her eyes on him. His brownish-black hair framed his face with his wavy fringe kissing the sides of his forehead. Those lucky strands of hair, Sivaangi thought. He kept brushing back his hair and playing with his moustache, smiling and occasionally laughing when his guests say something funny or a comical message pops up on the screen. Sivaangi wanted to reach into the screen and pinch his cheeks. Eppadi ivaru ivalo cute-ah irukkaaru?

His dark brown eyes looked tired with light shadows shaded underneath them; his sharp nose flared ever so lightly when he addressed serious questions and that jawline. She can recite poems about that strong, elegant jawline. Sivaangi sighed. How did this bundle of handsomeness end up liking her?

"Neenge illaame naan illai. Ungalaalethaan naan ippo inge nikiraen. Ennoda projectskku unge support rhombe thevai. Naan ungale eppavume entertain panne efforts eduthukitte iruppen. Please continue supporting me. Thank you. Bye." Ashwin thanked the viewers earnestly, flashed his million-dollar smile that melted Alaskan glaciers and switched off his live session.

"Live supera irunthuchi. You gave good information about your upcoming projects." Sivaangi messaged her feedback immediately.

"Was I boring?" Ashwin asked her.

"No...not at all. You spoke relevantly, and the interaction was engaging."

"Thank you, maa. At some points, I didn't know what to talk about, and at others, I thought I was blabbering."

"Athellam kidayaathu. You spoke very, very well. I guess you don't see your strengths, as well as others, do."

Ashwin replied, "I guess I should see myself through your eyes to see those special strengths you speak of."

It warmed his heart to know Sivaangi held him in such high esteem. It was like nothing he did was wrong in her eyes.

"One more thing, Ashwinney."

"Yes?"

"You looked very, very handsome."

Ah, that open adoration of hers. Sivaangi was not one to hold herself back, and that tendency often gifted him with compliments when he least expected them. Ashwin blushed. Only she could make him blush.

"Only through your eyes, Sivaangi."
___

Sivaangi owned a grand total of three sarees, and the blouse was stitched for only one of them.

"Sivaangi, naan appave sonnen. Sarees vangi sethukkonu. Naan tomboy, naan pottu vaikka maaten, saree kattuna toilet poga mudiyaathunnu nee sonneh. Ippo saree kattanumnnu aasai aanaa mooneh moonu saree, orey oru blousethaan irukku. Intha amma pechai kettaathaane. Ennoda collection-le irunthu onnu choose pannikiriyaa, Sivaangi?"

"Haiyoo, vennaam. Unkitta irukkura pudaive ellam gaja gajannu irrukkum, ma. Ennakku lighttaa, softaa irukka sareethaan pudikkum."

"Nee muthale ennoda sarees ellaam paathurukkiya? Silk, chiffon, benares, cotton, georgette, organzannu ellaa typeum coloursum enkitta irukku. Summa pesakoodathu gaja gajannu irukkunnu, Sivaangi. Nee vanthu paathu unnakku pudichathe edu. Naan azhagaa kattividuren."

Sivaangi got up from her bed and hugged her mother before running to her mother's wardrobe. Opening it, she took a few steps back, tilted her head, admiring her mother's collection arranged neatly by their colours. Some had a plastic wrapper on them - they must be the expensive ones.

She chose a yellow linen saree to pair with her light pink blouse with white polka dots.

Her mother commented that her choice was quirky and stylish.