Imagination 24: Exhale Negativity

I assumed that the legal age for voting in India was 21, as it is in Singapore! Eeeks! Assume pannathaale asingapattaada writeru! I will add in a dialogue to right the wrong. Alas, I might have to embarrass Ashwin a little. My apologies to the Ashwinites in advance. 😛
__

Peering into her eyes, he told her, "You look so beautiful that it takes every ounce of my willpower to...

Ashwin did not complete his sentence. He tilted her head down and kissed the top of her head. Sivaangi blinked her eyes a few times. Did he just kiss her nadu mandai? Ennappa ivaru? Moonijle cheeks, lips, chin, eyes, ears, forehead kooda irukku, ivaru mudiye mugarnthu paakuraaru.

Sivaangi looked up at him and said disappointedly, "Senior, nallaathane poiturunthuchi. Solla vanthathethaan mudikkale, seyya vanthathaiyaavathu...ungallukku intha veral, nailsu, mudi, nadu mandaithaan pudikkuma?"

Ashwin pinched her nose, "Azhagu Raniye, ellaathukkum oru neram varum. I am just bidding my time till you are a little older. Kaathirunthu kudukaruthule oru sugam irukku, maa. Unakku eppo vote-u podra vayasu aagutho, appo..."

Sivaangi cut him off indignantly, "Ashwiney! Vita ennakku panandu vayasunnu solveenge poleh? I turn 21 in another few weeks, okay! Vote-uh podra vayasellam thaandiyaachu theriyuma?"

"Appadiya?"

"Enna apdiya? Neenge enna manushan? Switzerland Europe-le irukkunu theriyale, en vayasu theriyale, vote podra vayasu koodavaa theriyale?"

"Ei! Pechaa pesure? Adutha thadavai unnakku irukku, Sivaangi maa."

"Ei Popaa! Adutha thadavainnu sollittu, ennoda elbow-eh kiss pannuveenge. Ennakkuthaan theriyume."

"Hahaha! Naan thiruppiyum solren. Someday when you least expect it, I'll take what's mine. Ketka kooda maaten. Appo vanthu ennappa ivaru ippadi pannitaarunnu azhakoodathu, Sivaangimaa."

He kissed the top of her head again and asked, "Polaamaa?"

Sivaangi looked at him like a kid who didn't get the toy she wanted. Pinching his cheeks, she said, "Ungale appadiye! Grrr! Vandiye edunge, kadichida poren."

"Haha! Ellaam okay but nee backseatla macarons irukkaannu paathale...athey ennale marakka mudiyaathu."

Chuckling, Ashwin started his car and made his way towards Leela Palace.
__

Divya was positive that she saw people gaping at her as she moved around in the wedding hall. Even the taxi driver had kept looking at her through his rearview window during the commute. Armed with confidence, she weaved in and out among the wedding crowd, introducing herself and getting reacquainted with her old college mates. A few of them identified her as the woman with Ashwin in the Instagram post, and Divya behaved as if that wasn't a big deal and hinted that she had been Ashwin's close acquaintance for years, whenever possible.

Divya assessed the hall looking for a suitable spot to sit. She wanted to sit where she could see Sivaangi and waylay her casually for a chat, or rather a dress-down. Someone has to put that young girl in place regardless of whether something was going on between Ashwin and her, and Divya decided to do the deed.

Divya didn't know anyone at the table she was heading towards, but that wouldn't stop her. She smiled sweetly at the guests and asked to sit with them, citing that she was a fan of the singers and wanted to watch them from near. Forcing herself to make small chat, she kept glancing at the stage to see if Sivaangi had arrived.