twenty two

Billie pushes my shoulder a little bit, turning up the volume for me and this time I listen, paying attention to Billie's delicate voice.

After a little while longer of listening, I can conclude that Billie's music is absolutely amazing and she is really talented. My favorite part is definitely the bass.

Although I enjoy the music, I keep finding myself wondering where she could be taking me. We have been driving for what feels like a long while, though I have a skewed sense of time so I don't exactly know how long that is. Each time she stops at a red light or a stop sign, I keep thinking she'll park the car and we'll get out, but of course she just hits the gas again, pinning me to the seat without fail.

When I feel Billie stop the car again I ask, "Are we finally here?"

"No baby," I hear Billie respond. I feel her lean closer and adjust the fabric on my eyes to keep it from moving, "No peeking either."

I nod my head and feel Billie's hand touch my face again, this time no where near the blindfold. I feel it run down my nose, and glide over my lips before she moves her hand to cup my cheek and then rub along my jaw.

"W-what are you doing?" I ask.

"Admiring," she says simply.

I blush intensely and turn away, covering my cheeks with my hands and I feel the car begin to move again.

The car stops and goes a few more times before it stops again.

This time Billie says, "Okay, we're here."

"Finally," I retort but I'm suddenly cut off my someone harshly grabbing my chin.

"Maybe I'll just leave this on," said Billie while playing with the knot in the back of the blindfold, "And let you be blind for the whole date."

"S-sorry Billie, please no," I pause, thinking about what she said, "Wait, a date?"

I hear Billie move next to me and her door shut. I get anxious as I begin to feel alone, but Billie quickly opens my door, taking my hand gently and pulling me out.

"We have to walk a little bit," she says.

"Oh, okay," I respond, not knowing what else to say.

We walk for a little bit, but the ground is most definitely not flat, as I keep tripping and Billie has to keep catching me.

"Come on, Cameron, pick up your goddamn feet!" Billie exclaims.

"I'm trying!" I protest.

Next thing I know I am literally swept of my feet. I let out a squeal and cling to Billie's body from the sudden movement.

"Damn! A warning would be nice," I say.

"You're really tryna make me leave this on, aren't you?" she says, playing with the blindfold again, "Where did this attitude come from?"

"Sorry, when you get confident Cameron, you get her attitude too."

Billie's thumb makes contact with my bottom lip, pulling it down, "Oh we can fix that," she says, releasing my lip, letting it pop back into place.

And suddenly my confidence is gone.

I tuck my head into her chest and she chuckles at my flustered state as she walks us to our destination. She finally stops and puts me down.

"Okay, now were are actually here, you ready?" Billie asks.

"Yes!" I exclaim.

"Okay, hold still." I feel Billie's hands behind my head again as she releases the knotted fabric and pulls it away from my eyes. I blink a few times, adjusting to the light and see the most adorable thing I have ever laid eyes on.

There is a clearing of trees, and in it, sits a modest picnic blanket, and lots of pillows. On it, I notice a tray of poptarts and my favorite sodas. I look to the right a little bit and see a tent with a couple of packed bags next to it and it glows a little from the warm light inside.

"Oh, my, god."

"Do you like it?" Billie asked.

"Are you kidding!? How did you do this?" I ask.

As I reach to hug Billie she tells me, "Well, Bailey helped me pick the snacks and pack your bag and my brother came to set all this up," she said, gesturing to the homemade campsite. "I know it's not super pretty and you might not like being outside at night, but I'll protect you," said Billie with a smirk.

I smile, "This is the most adorable thing I've ever seen." I look to Billie, "Why would you do all of this?"

Billie places her hand on the small of my back as she leads us over to the picnic blanket, "How about I tell you over some poptarts?"

I giggle in excitement and follow where her hand leads me until we sit down. Billie scooches closer to me, and hugs me around my waist as we sit up in the pile of pillows.

As I dig into a strawberry poptart, Billie speaks, "I guess I did this because I wanted to show that I can treat you right," she pauses to take a deep breath, "I know my means of getting you were a little out of the ordinary, but that doesn't make how I feel any less real. I know I put on this confident facade and use it to manipulate, but I want to show you that I'm not all intimidation and fear."

I interrupt, "Yeah, you're soft."

Billie scoffs and swats the back of my head, "Not what I meant, but okay I guess. I just got worried that if I asked you out, you would only say yes because you felt like you had to. I may have forced you to do my homework in the past, but I would never force something like this on anyone."

Billie rubs her thumb up and down the skin of my waist, "I want you to know that you are safe with me, and you are totally in control of what happens tonight."

Thoughts rush to my head of what could happen tonight.

Do I want that?

Yeah, I want that.

But tonight?

Kinda.

"I feel safe with you, Billie." I look up to the beautiful girl sitting next to me, "More safe than ever, actually."

a/n:

I am so soffftttttt holy mother of pearl. Is that how the saying goes? Idk.

I just wanna say thank you sooooo much for voting and commenting you guys are soooo cute. I love it so much it makes my day and I love you, like a lot.

mwah.