||10||

•10•

I made my way quickly towards Javier's house. It was difficult to sprint in my heels and that I was fifteen minutes late didn't help either. I mean it wasn't my fault entirely since I had been stood up by a cab but I am sure this won't matter to Javier since he was paying me for working and not to listen to my excuses. It had been two days since I started working at the Kell co. and this was the third time I was walking into his not so humble abode. To be honest the first time I hired a cab to his address I had expected a huge mansion but he lived in a nice classy but small home. Not small but smaller than a mansion. It still had two floors and four bedrooms along with a massive kitchen, living room and his office.

I walked in after putting the code in the small box outside the gate. Unlike the other times I had came when I heard nothing but silence, I could hear distant chatter. I made my way towards the office.

"NO. NO. NO." I turned to look at Riley scowling at George who looked exhausted. I was surprised to see him at home. The last two times he hadn't been anywhere in sight.

"Master Riley this is the third time. At least tell me what you want to eat and I would make it for you." The poor man requested.

"I don't know but I won't eat that." I looked at the table where there were omlette and scrambled eggs and French toast waiting for him but Riley wasn't even looking at them.

I had a strong urge to go and ask him to not trouble the old man but I was already late and I didn't want to lose the job. I was loving working here. I could also see why everyone considered Riley a bratty kid because he behaved liked that with others. Actually no. He behaved liked his father.

I knocked twice on the door of his office and walked in after a few seconds. He was pacing around in his room with his phone pressed on his ear. For the first time he wasn't wearing his blazer and stood there in his slacks and white shirt with the sleeves rolled up. He looked devilishly handsome.

Okay get a grip on yourself Elise. He is your boss and you are not going down that lane again.

He finally noticed me and raised his hand to check time on his wrist watch.

I am fuc... fired.

"I will see you at the event then Mr. Yuyutsu." He said and hung up.

"You are late Ms. Rivers." He said walking towards me until he stood just an armlength away from me. It was closer than I was comfortable with.

"I am sorry sir." I said nervously biting my lips and tucking my imaginary loose strand of hair behind my ear out of habit.

"I don't give a fuck about your half assed apology. Two days and you think you will get away with whatever you do. It isn't too late for me to fire you." He said.

The nerve of the bastard. I was late because of him. I had to go to the Kell Co. building first and send numerous mails to his business associates. I was in process of preparing a presentation he needed tomorrow in his meeting when he asked him to bring him a file in an hour. Yes he lived that far from his own office. No doubt his previous PA resigned.

He extended his hand to me to hand him the file that I had brought with me. I handed it to him and he walked back to his desk. I sighed in relief at least I am not fired yet.

I hadn't moved from my place waiting for his next order. He was going over the file while I looked around the office. I noticed a trolley of breakfast in a corner. I walked over to it and scrunched my nose when I noticed it was cold. Like father like son. I shook my head when I saw it was scrambled eggs and black coffee wasting up here.