||34||

Javier kept Elise close to him possessively. She was the only thing in the moment keeping him in control. He wanted to go inside the huge mansion and kill that bastard. Just after they found out that Riley was missing, Javier was sent an invitation to the Brooks Industries party. He would have ignored if he didn't doubt Garrett to kidnap his son. There was a simple message inside that bouquet. 'Looking for something?" And those three taunting words where enough to tell him what was happening with him.

Elise felt the change in him and squeezed his hand. She too was angry and felt guilty. It was her fault that Riley was gone. If only she had been more careful. Then, Riley would have been with her instead of being in danger. The thin thread that held her together was now about to snap. She knew neither she nor Javier could bear his loss. He was too precious for them. His was the foundation of their relationship. He was their son. The one who made both of them parents.

"We can do this." She muttered trying to assure both herself and him.

Javier nodded his head. "Stay with me." He requested.

Elise and Javier walked together inside the crowded hall. Several pair of eyes fell on the couple. Javier Kellen with a woman? That wasn't heard of in a long time. Usually he came to such parties alone. Then who was this woman with him.

Wasn't she the PA he attended his business functions with? A woman whispered loudly. However both Javier and Elise ignored them. They had more pressing matters than petty gossips of old women.

"Javier." A familiar voice said which made their blood boil.

They turned to look at the host of the party. Garrett Brooks stood there , in front of them, dressed in a black suit and bow tie.

"I see you brought your lovely PA too." He said annoyingly. "Elise, isn't it?"

Javier's grip tightened around her possessively. "Where is my son?" He barked.

"Your son?" A female voice said from behind Brooks. "Last time I checked I was the one who gave birth to him. So he is mine."

Elise looked at the woman with brown hair tied in graceful bun at the nape of her neck and her grey eyes highlighted by black smokey eyes.

"YOU!!!" Javier and Elise yelled at the same time.

The woman standing in front of her was the same woman. She had seen in the party at Stones.

"You took him." Elise realised suddenly. She had seen her hanging outside Riley's school so many times and yet failed to understand it.  That was why her eyes looked familiar. They were the eyes of her son.

"Why are you back? I thought you didn't want anything to do with him." Javier spat. His whole body was shaking with anger. He had expected Garrett to be involved but never in a million years had he thought that Sophia would come back in his life. Last time he saw her, his life changed for good. What now? What was she here to do now?

"I want my son back." She shrugged.

"He is my son." Javier said through clenched teeth.

"We can share him. I just want to be his mother." She said hooking her arm around Garrett.

Elise felt her heart clench. She was here to take Riley away from her. Even if they get him, she might not get him back.

"No." Javier said firmly. His thumb making soothing circles on her waist. He had felt her body tense beside him and knew her enough to know her thought process. "Elise is and will be her mother."

"Oh but you aren't at the position to make decisions." Garrett laughed. "I make the decision here." He pulled Sophia closer. "Can you believe how shocked I was when I found out my new girlfriend is the mother of the boy my enemy is raising as his son." He laughed maniacally.