||35||

"JAVIER!"

"JAVIER STOP!" She yelled after him. She was running behind him but he ignored her like he couldn't hear her. He was walking fastly towards his car in anger.
To say Javier was just angry, he was fuming. He couldn't think straight. He was a turmoil of emotions. He was angry and hurt, he was sad, he was boiling inside. He was scared for his son. He could hear his heart break inside his chest.

"Javier please stop. Let me explain." He heard her breathless call from behind but didn't slow down. No explanation could ease the pain from his heart.
Only he knew how he felt. The woman he was in love with and his cousin, his best friend had betrayed him. He couldn't believe his eyes when he saw them pressed against each other. The image brought tears to his eyes and he increased his pace. He could hear her footsteps behind him but right now he didn't care. He wanted to be somewhere away from everyone. He wanted to punch something until he could no longer feel his hands. He had come to this party to find one lost person and he lost another two here.

"Do you not trust me, Javier?" He heard her soft question from nearer than he had thought. But the innocent seeming question only fueled his anger.

He stopped at his place and clench his fist tightly. When he turned around, Elise was behind him. Her dress dirty with running in the grass and her heels were in her hand. Her hair had come lose from the delicate bun and she looked breathless.

He saw her raise her raise to cup his cheeks and take a step towards him. But he retreated. He wanted to be in no contact with her. He didn't want that hand on him which he had just seen on his cousin.

His actions brought tears in her eyes but she blinked them away. He was right to be angry. If she had witnessed something like that she would be heart broken too.

"Javier, Trust me." She said softly as if speaking to a predator.

She saw his nose flare and in anger and suddenly she was harshly pulled to his chest with a painful grip on her waist.

"Trust? What do you know about Trust?" He spat at her. "You knew how I felt about you. I might not have said the words Elise but it was clear. I made my feelings towards you clear from the start and what did you do, huh?"

His grip was painful and she knew it would bruise.

"You are hurting me." She said in a painful voice and he immediately released her. His eyes widened in panic and he had guilt on his face.

"One chance, Javier. Listen to me with a clear  head. Neither me or Caden would do that to you." She took a step towards him again him and cupped his cheeks.

This time he let her. She wiped the tears from his cheek while hers fell down, smearing the mascara over her face.

"You led me on, Elise. You broke me." He muttered leaning down with closed eyes so that their foreheads were touching.

"I didn't Javier. I did no such thing. I lo- I never faked anything. You and Riley, you are my family. I would do anything for you."

"Then why did you chose him over me?" He felt pathetic asking that. But he couldn't help himself.

"That's where you are wrong. It was never you against him. Javier. Nobody compares to you. Cade. He is like a brother to me. Like Lee. And trust me, he considers me nothing less than a sister."

Javier pulled back instantly. What was he hearing? Brother? Sister? But he saw them? They looked… close…

"What you saw was not wrong. What you thought of it was wrong, Javier. I was following Garrett and he was about to find out when Caden pulled me in there. We would have left but then we heard Sophia talking to him and couldn't help eavesdropping. We just wanted to find out what were they up to. And when you opened the door we were scared he found us. He had a gun Javier. Trust me."

Javier thought it was a lot to take in. It made more sense now. He knew Elise wasn't a woman to cheat on him even if they were not 'together'. And Caden. He wouldn't have done that to him knowing how he felt for her. Elise was already a mother to his son. She was their home and he had doubted her without even giving her a chance to explain.

"So you two don't..?" He left the question hanging.

Elise opened her eyes to look at his face. They were very close. She knew he was feeling insecure of their relationship, whatever that was at the moment. She wanted to tell him how she felt him. She wanted to tell him that she loved him more than words could ever explain to him. She wanted to tell him that in the short span of time, he had become her world. He was all that she needed. He was all that he craved. He was the one that gave her love, care and respect that she needed. He gave her a home. He gave her a child. He gave her a family. She wanted to tell him that he meant the world for her. But how could she say all this when her baby was still in danger. So she summarised her feelings in the simplest words she could.

"Its you Javier. It will always be you." She said and pressed her lips to him initiating the kiss, pouring all her emotions in the kiss that she could. Javier reciprocated fervently. The kiss wasn't the one out of the movies. It was a simple kiss, salty with their tears but it was the most beautiful kiss which spoke their love with each others with speaking a single word.

"I know where he is." She said once they broke their kiss with a small smile.

"What do you mean?" Javier asked with shock. He hoped it was what he thought it would be.

"Riley. I know where he is. That's what Caden and I were listening to." She told him happily. "We can have our baby back."

This time Javier pulled her in for a kiss. This time it was passionate. This time he poured his feelings into the kiss. His gratitude for her presence into their life. For being what they needed. For changing their life for good. For showing them love and care. For accepting them. For always being there with him. He couldn't believe how he could doubt him. How he could think so low of her. While she was trying to find out about their son, he was busy considering her a cheater.

"You are an angel Elise." He said.
"Lets go get him back, Javier." She answered.

"Jav bro." A voice pulled them away from each other and they turned to look at Caden. He was holding a handkerchief to his broken nose that Javier had punched. He looked sad.

Elise looked around to see someone but there was no one.

"Where is she?" She asked him and Javier turned to looked at her in confusion. Who?

"The officer." She added for Javier's benefit. And Javier nodded in understanding. He had a suspicion earlier that Caden had something for her when he saw her in the party and reacted so strongly. He even remembered seeing her in the room when he opened the cabinet.
Oh!

Now he felt bad for his brother.

"She left." He said in a small voice. But looked up at Javier. Javier couldn't help but feel happy that Caden had chosen to come to him instead of the girl he liked.
He walked up to him and pulled him in a hug. "I am sorry Cade. I was blinded by rage." He apologized.

"I can understand. I would have reacted the same." He said with a pat on his back.

"Go talk to her." Elise said as they pulled away. "Savannah is a smart woman, she will understand."

They had expected him to retreat but Caden simply shook his head.

"No. First we need to get my nephew back. I am not leaving him with them for any longer."

"Am I late?" Another familiar voice yelled running towards him. They turned to look at Elliot and Vincent running.

"So, Are we late?" They asked. Javier and Elise exchanged a look as to question who called them.

"I did." Caden said. His bleeding had stopped now. "I called Vince, I don't know about him." He said pointing at Elliot.

"I saw him walking around and picked him up." Vince added.

"So, is it true you found where Little Lee is?" Elliot asked.

"Yes, and tonight we are going to bring him home." Javier said grinning ear to ear.

He couldn't be more thankful to have such people in his life. They were his family. They were all he needed now. All he needed ever.

He couldn't bear to lose them. But would fate be so kind to him?