Chapter 2

Nini pov:

I sighed „Ricky I get it, you're worried about me and I'm glad that you care about me. But other than you think I am completely healthy. So, no i do not have an eating disorder."

Liar.

I tried to get myself to tell him, but I just cannot get myself to do it. It is not surprising to me that he asked me if I have an eating disorder, because I do have one. My head was turned away from him, so I only heard him sigh. „I'll leave you alone, if you look me into the eyes and tell me you don't have an eating disorder again."

I turned my head to face him and took a deep breath before looking into his eyes. They held so many emotions, the only ones I could recognize were worry and he seemed to be scared of what I will say.

„I really don't have an eating disorder" I said while looking directly into his eyes. Suddenly he cupped my face with his hands „You're lying." I shook my head „I am not" I stated.

He sighed again „Nini stop lying. I know you well enough to know when you are lying. Just look at you. You used to be proud of your body, but now you cover it up. This is not the Nini I fell in love with. Just please let me help you. This isn't healthy and all I want is for you to be ok again."

I abruptly stood up "I'm fine get that into your head. Why are you even here in the first place? You know I would not want to see you" I yelled. "I know that I haven't reached out to you and I'm sorry for that, but that's all I did. We both decided to split up, so don't blame this on me" Ricky said in a calm voice, but it was still an accusing one. "I never said i blamed you for our breakup, but it's been 10 years Ricky. Who would want to see their ex ten years later?" "I do" He answered me.

"Well, I did not, so why are you here?" I questioned him again. He sighed and ran his right hand through his curls. "I was planning on moving here anyways, but I decided to come a bit earlier because Kourtney called me."

I raised my eyebrows "You moved here earlier because Kourtney asked you to. That makes absolutely no sense Ricky." "I wasn't finished yet." I nodded my head "Go on then."

"She called me and asked me to come here for a few days because she was worried about you. She said that you barely came out of your apartment, you ignored their calls and texts. Hell, you ignored your moms calling you. I decided to call Carol to let her know that I'll check on you and I have never seen her look so relived."

My mouth was wide open "You are here Because you were worried about me?" I asked in a whisper.

As a response he only nodded his head. "I know you're not ok. I am not stupid, you might have fooled everyone else, but not me. If it is not an eating disorder, we will figure out what else it is together. I still care about you no matter if you are my ex-girlfriend or not. Will you let me help you?"

I contemplated things. Did I want to get better? Yes, I did. Did I think I could do it? No, but I would try. Was I ready to admit to someone else that I was not, ok? Maybe, but if I were to tell anyone it would probably be Ricky. I looked up at him and nodded my head. That caused him to stand up and pull me into a hug. "I'm proud of you for that" He softly said to me when we pulled apart. We sat down on the bench again. Then he grabbed my hand and drew circles into my palm with his thumb. "Do you think you're ready to talk about it more yet or should I wait?" He asked me.

I sighed "I don't think I can yet. You have to trust me when I say that I want to tell you, but I just can't. At least not yet." He nodded his head "I know you Neens, so of course I believe you." I smiled slightly at that. "We should go back in" I suggested after a few seconds.