𝐤𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐨 𝐭𝐞𝐭𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐨𝐮

THE BALL BOUNCED back and hit the ground, meeting the floor with a loud bam

THE BALL BOUNCED back and hit the ground, meeting the floor with a loud bam. kageyama and hinata's quick demon attack was blocked by lev. you were quite surprised by the block since lev only joined recently, you thought he wouldn't be able to catch up with hinata, especially at such a high speed. hinata seemed devastated from being blocked.

"asahi!" a voice yelled for him to spike down the ball. asahi nodded and jumped into position, but there was another figure who was also aiming to spike the ball. everyone was confused, and then a loud bam was heard as both of them crashed into each other and one hit to the ground.

the gym fell into silence. the short male hurriedly get on his knees and apologised to the long haired senior. hinata kept repeating himself even though asahi told him it was okay. the ginger male doesn't seem to be in his best form today.

the game was about to resume when you heard hinata spoke up, his voice and tone sounded pretty serious. "kageyama, for the quick attack, i wont close my eyes." everyone in the gym, including you and coach were in utter shock and confusion. kageyama turned to face him, his expression was hard to read but everyone knew it wasn't a great response.

"i cant keep spiking balls that are set for me. i need to fight on my own." hinata blurted out. he wasn't wrong, but it just seemed impossible right now. you felt bad for the shorter male. kageyama turned to face him. and his voice sounded cold.

"you can't, it's because you aren't capable of doing so. that's why we are doing this. i dont know what you're thinking, but we'll talk about this later." kageyama harshly turned him down and head back to the court. "but if you want to try anything weird, i'm not tossing to you." he told hinata with his eyes staring straight ahead.

it seemed like he wasn't going to change his mind. hinata was dejected and he looked upset. you patted his back as a form of encouragement before he ran back to the court. everyone was pretty much silent at this point, not really knowing what else to do or say. the match went for a little while more until the referee blew on his whistle. and again, nekoma won this set.

"one lap of diving drills!" the team captain announced as he started the penalty chain, the rest following behind. hinata mimicked their actions but then fell face first on the floor. you stood on the sidelines and watched them, your eyes spotted a concerned look on asahi's face while he had his gaze on hinata.

you understood how he must've felt, after all it does look like he was going for the ace's ball. they finished their penalty and took their water bottles, most of them heading out of the gym including the team captain and the coach. you felt uneasy seeing how your team is going through a tough time.

you were pretty sure everyone in the room could feel the tension from karasuno. your eyes wandered across the room and your gaze landed on kuroo, who had a mischievous smirk plastered across his face as he made his way towards you.

"hey, what's up with your team today?" he questioned, taking a sip of water from his bottle. you sighed and slumped your shoulder. "i really don't know, kuroo. it seems like hinata is not in a good condition today," you told him with an obviously upset tone. he examined your face and then let out a chuckle.

"you worried about them?" he asked aloud. you stopped to think for a moment before responding to his question. "yeah, i am. a lot actually. i dont know if they're strong enough to get past this together. the first years don't do well when it comes to cooperating." you stated before continuing.

"and honestly, we don't even know if this breakthrough will be for the better or worse,"a loud sigh get past your lips before you sat yourself on the bench. kuroo mimicked your actions and sat down next to you.

"hmmm," he hummed as he placed his bottle down to his side. "as a team captain, i have to say that anyone would feel nervous about this situation, but they are a group of boys. it is bound to happen," he laughed and you let out a small smile at his words. he was right. boys are difficult to deal with, especially at this age.

"but, you need to let them figure it out on their own. they are going argue, and maybe even fight if they have to, but it is for the team to grow. and in the case of for the better or worse, the result will be based on how they choose to handle things." he finished his sentence and turned to stare at you.

you were honestly in shock hearing such words from a boy who looks like... kuroo.

"what?" he laughed at the expression you gave him. "nothing, you sounded really smart for a moment." you rolled your eyes at him jokingly. "hey! i'm always smart! i'm the captain for a reason!" he admitted and pointed to his chest proudly.

"yeah, but kenma is still the brain of nekoma!" you stuck your tongue out at him. the coach and your teammates finally entered the gym again, but this time each of them seem a little more intense. sugawara had a worried expression on his face while the rest just looked uneasy. you shifted a little and felt sweat on your palms.

"y/n?" you turned to look at the boy who called out your name. "call me tetsu." he smiled and ran to the other side of the court, back to his teammates.

the whistle blew indicating the game was about to start. hinata was ordered by coach to sit out of this game and he had no choice but to obey. the male sat himself down next to you. "you okay?" you questioned and glanced at him. with eyes were fixated on the game, he nodded, though you doubted he was fine, you decided to drop the subject.

"dinner is ready, you guys better get going now." you told the boys keenly. gym number three. "oya? y/n come play one last set with us!" bokuto excitedly exclaimed. "no, bo, i can't. you guys need to go back and eat right now. the food is going to get cold. i spent hours cooking those." you folded your arms against your chest and frowned. you heard a small "tsk" coming from the side and you found tsukishima.

"i'm going ahead, guys." he bowed towards bokuto, kuroo and akaashi. they waved at him and you stuck your tongue out at him when he walked past you, he made a disgusted face in return.

"come on, y/n! help us clean up then!" bokuto whined. "alright, alright." you walked into the gym and started to pick up the balls on the ground. "how'd you get tsukishima to practice with you guys anyway?" your voice slightly echoed.

"bokuto provoked him by calling him lousy," kuroo appeared beside you and you laughed. once the gym was cleared and the balls were pushed back into the storage room, the four of you made your way to the cafeteria.

kuroo was telling one of his chemistry jokes and science pick up lines again. you and akaashi couldn't help but laugh at how cheesy they were, while bokuto was a little confused. kuroo have like a whole list of those jokes and you smacked him on the shoulder.

"that's so dumb, tetsu! you're such a nerd," you wiped off a little tear that fell on your cheek from all the laughter. "oh shut up, y/n!" he pushed you lightly and you pushed him back. "make me," you grinned. kuroo's face heat up and he stopped in his steps.

"y-y/n, you can't just say that!" he stammered. "ha! you're such a dork, tetsu." you laughed at his reaction, so did akaashi and bokuto when they saw how flustered kuroo became. kuroo's face were red from the blush and he became a nervous mess. the four of you arrived at the cafeteria and you ran inside to greet yukie and kaori.

"yo kuroo-bro, it's just a joke! why are you all flustered bro?" bokuto nudge his friend's shoulder. "dude, i don't know? she just hit me with that out of nowhere, and i guess i got caught off guard." kuroo stated, his heartbeat slowing down now that she was out of sight. both akaashi and bokuto only nodded, not thinking much of it due to their hunger the moment they enter the cafeteria.