Chapter 5

New character: LUKE

3 days before Florida

3 days before Florida... (Go back to chapter 3- ending if you forgot)

"I know." Daria leaned her head against his shoulder. Noah's arms enclosed around her waist, squeezing her. She felt comfort in his arms, and his presence made her even more relaxed. Daria closed her eyes and exhaled. She marveled at how he smelled.

"D-Do you want me to stay?" Noah stuttered. Daria smiled. Oh, how she wanted him to stay and to have his hands wrapped around her forever. She placed her hand on his chest and answered "No, it's ok. Let's not mention to anyone about us. Please? At least until I tell... you know Emma."

Noah shook his head in disappointment "We don't need her permission"

"I know we don't. But she... she has.... something on me." Daria looked at him. She fidgeting with her fingers until Noah grabbed her hands.

"What do you mean?" his brows furrowed. Daria regretted saying that... He knows nothing about her relationship with Emma besides the obvious. Why it was so complicated and ugly.

Daria laughed. "Nothing. You can go home now."

"Are you sure?"

Daria nodded. Noah gave her one last kiss and walked out the door. Daria waited a couple of seconds before rushing up to the storage closet to take out one luggage. She opened it in her room and opened her drawers. Piles of clothes landed on the floor as she took out the ones she preferred to take. Every short-sleeve and sleeveless shirt got tossed in the luggage, along with shorts and jeans.

"Passport. Passport," she mumbled, snapping her fingers. She went into her closet and grabbed a metal putty knife she had hidden in the farthest corner behind a bunch of dresses. The putty knife went into the floorboard. The floorboard made a crack noise, and Daria moved it to the side. Her hand went deep underneath the floor, avoiding any spiderwebs on the way. When her arm extended as deep as it could, her hand grabbed a box. Daria smiled and felt somewhat relieved that whoever was sending her these notes hadn't gone through her things.

She took it from the bottom of the floor. Dust coated the top of the box. Daria swiped it away with her hand and placed the cover next to the putty knife. Four passports were neatly stacked, along with a roll of money and a couple of folded pieces of paper. Daria opened the four passports, deciding on which one she wanted to use.

Olivia Fuller, Ava Moore, Cassidy Parker, and Sophia Emerson. They had the same face but in different wigs. She grabbed the one that had a blonde wig with the same driver's license and put it in her bag with her fake ID, with her real name in between her clothes.

She closed everything and went down the stairs, struggling with her luggage. Daria walked down each step with a thump. Her luggage would always hit her shin since Daria couldn't carry it. She opened the door and put her luggage outside on the porch; she grabbed her keys and opened the trunk of her car.