Chapter 10

After an unexpected visit, Chris immediately called Emma

After an unexpected visit, Chris immediately called Emma. Which led to Emma coming over, so it hauled the three teens up in Chris' bedroom.

Emma screamed the minute she saw Luke, recalling his head still submerged in the soil. Luke looked both at them curiously, wondering why Daria became friends with them two. The It girl and the hiding in the shadows, best friend. Then again, she was different the minute he saw her.

"Explain it again," Chris asked Luke. She paced back and forth, irritating Emma.

"My name is Luke, and I'm an old friend of Daria. I'm from Florida and I came here to see her." Luke sighed. He was tired of repeating the same sentence over and over. Chris looked at him with her eyebrows raised as her nail in between her teeth. She always bit her nails when she was nervous.

"So what, you're her ex?" Emma cut to the chase and asked the most basic question she could think of. Well, what they usually say in movies after a "friend" comes back into the main character's life. Emma just thought of it that way.

"S-something like that," Luke mumbled. He scratched the back of his back out of uncomfortableness and looked at the two girls.

"She never told me anything about Florida," Chris said to herself. Luke then remembered Daria telling that Noah guy about only coming to Florida during the summer. She must've done it for a reason, and he didn't want to break it just yet.

"She only came during the summer." Luke blurted out. The girls looked at him and Emma said, "how... she was here the whole time"

"She has been homeschooled her whole life. I guess she went when she could," Luke shrugged.

Emma gave him a little shrug.

"Where did she live?" Chris asked. The Daria she knew would never live in a poor hotel.

"She had a summer house. She lived right next to me, that's how I know her." Luke said confidently but felt that he might've gotten a bit overboard with the confidence.

"She has a summer house?" Emma questioned. She grunted out of frustration and flopped on the bed.

"What?" Chris stated out of annoyance. Emma groaned and said, "that girl has everything! How is it even possible? A car, a hot ex-boyfriend-" Emma waved her hand without effort towards Luke "-and had the boyfriend I currently have. Along with everyone liking her and the summerhouse."

"Emma! You realize that she's rich, and you're rich. You can have a summer house in Florida! You're just too busy focusing on homework than actually having fun sometimes. She's more social!" Chris explained.

"You want to go to college?" Luke asked. Emma felt insulted and said, "yes. Why did you think I was a dumb blonde?"

"Well- Yes." Luke chuckled. Emma put on a fake smile and said, "well you're blonde. So I guess you're dumb too"