9. Saving Easter

The guardians stood in silence holding each others hands grieving the loss of sandy.

Wanting to give them some space, jack and
Y/N sat in a separate room.

Y/Ns knees were pulled to her chest as she looked out the window and leaned up against the wooden post, jack was opposite her with his hood pulled up and over his head as he made a picture of sandy using his frost on the window. He kept sparing glances at Y/N.

"You weren't acting like yourself before... it happened" Y/N spoke softly as she kept gazing out of the window.
"What was going on?"

"What do you mean?" Jack asked bluntly, there was no emotion within his voice.

"You barely let me fight, that's not like you"

Jack only just sighed tiredly.
"I had a nightmare" he said quietly.
"It felt, just... so real" he voice cracked slightly as he spoke in a whisper.

Y/Ns Chest tightened.
"It was about me wasn't it. That's why you were being so.. cautious"

Jack nodded, now drawing some more shapes upon the window.

"Can you tell me what happened?" Y/N asked softly, she awaited an answer but it seemed like  Jack didn't want to repeat it.

"I don't want to lose you Y/N, I can't lose you" Jack finally spoke, Y/N then pouted.

"Jack, we've known each other for 300 hundred years, and not once did I ever think about leaving your side and no one, especially pitch is gonna do something to take either of us away from one another. It's just not happening"  Y/N pushed Jacks shoulder gently to make him face her.

"It was different-"

"Jack, even though the nightmare must of come from pitch. It was still a dream, Pitch doesn't have the ability to predict the future he only wanted to scare you" Y/N reasoned. Jack nodded slowly, understanding her point.

"You're sweet" Y/N then smiled at him. "I don't want to lose you to"
She then kissed Jack on the cheek and laid her head on his shoulder. Jack softly smiled before resting his head on top of hers.

North then approached.

"Are you two alight?" He asked coming from behind.

"I wish I could of done something" said jack sadly and with disappointment.

"Done something, you two stood up to pitch! You saved us" North tried to cheer them up.

"Yeah, if only it was enough. sandy could of-" but Y/N was cut off by north.

"Sandy would be proud of what you two did" he encouraged knowingly. He kneeled by Y/N placing a hand on her shoulder, squeezing it supportively.
"What you two did was more than enough"

Jack took his hood off and got up as Y/N still stayed seated.
North retreated from Y/N as Jack had stood up.

"I don't know who you to were in your past life but in this life you two are guardians" he stretched out his hand for Y/N to grab, she took it and stood up as he guided her next to jack.

"How can we find out who we are, till we find out who we were" Jack asked, turning away from Y/N to make eye contact with North.

"You will! I feel it in my belly" north grabbed his stomach in an attempt to lighten the mood.

It worked, Y/N and jack managed to let out a small chuckle.
They smiled at each other before they all walked out to meet with the other Guardians.

———————————-