chapter four: deal made from impulse

"What are you doing?!"

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Chapter Four:
Deal Made from Impulse

╚═════ ══════╝

E/C coloured eyes widened. She shakily held her stare at the dead fish, who she knew she had seen somewhere. Which, made it even more disturbing.

She recalled back that she had seen the fish in a pond, right outside the entrance doors of the school. Y/N knew that the talking fish was a type of supernatural, but she never actually had a conversation with any of them.

It was a request–

well, more like an order from Teru that she followed.

To never communicate with any of the supernaturals outside and inside of the school.

So she always pretended to never see them. She acted like any other normal student.

One exception she had made to herself, however, were the Mokke.

They were the pink, bunny-like apparitions that wandered around the school, usually always carrying candy with them. She talked with them sometimes, and handed out candy to them since they constantly always asked for more. Obviously, though, she considered if there was anyone around that would see her.

"You can see him?" Sakura quietly asked the first year in front of her.

Y/N, not responding back, bolted right towards the boy. But Sakura, who held onto her arm, stopped her.

Sakura shook her head, aware of the consequences, "You shouldn't intervene."

Y/N gave Sakura a slack expression, "How could you say that seeing..." She looked back at the boy whose black kimono's splattered in red, "Seeing that!"

The boy's head rotated towards Y/N, his piercing void eyes giving a torrid shiver throughout her entire body.

He smiled, making him appear even more eerie. "Sakura! You brought a friend over!" He clapped his blood-covered hands a few times.

"Yeah, she just helped me with some supplies since Natsuhiko was busy throwing up," Sakura replied. "Y/N-san, thank you again for helping, but I think you should go.."

"Chotto! I'd like her to see what I'm gonna do next!" He moved the dead fish aside and pointed to the trembling Mokke underneath a stool chair. "I've always wanted to see what was inside one of those things. Wouldn't you think it would be great for her to see too?"

Sakura facepalmed.

Inside.. the Mokke?

"No... stop!" She pulled Sakura away from her and ran to the boy while he roughly picked the Mokke up by its ears.

Y/N tugged onto the boy's sleeve to let go of the Mokke. Not looking away from the pink-bunny apparition he had, the boy slammed Y/N away from him. She painfully fell down to the ground.

The Mokke squealed, wailing hopelessly as the boy picked up a pencil on the desk. He pinned the pink bunny down on the table, preventing it from moving anymore. The sharp tip of the lead was just inches away from the Mokke's skin.

Slowly, the boy held onto the pencil even tighter, preparing to puncture through it.

"Wait, please!" Y/N covered her eyes. "Don't do it! Don't hurt anymore of them! Don't hurt anyone for that matter! I'll do anything!"

The boy hummed in thought. "Hm.."

"but even if you were to do anything I asked I don't really see a use for you," He held his current position.

But he dropped the pencil on the table and turned to face where Y/N was laying, although still having the pink bunny locked up on the surface of the desk with his other hand.

He tilted his head, pursing his lips, "I think I've seen you from somewhere."

He let go of the Mokke.

After being released by the unstable, lunatic ghost, the pink bunny hastily hopped underneath the same chair earlier, its long ears quaking.

The boy tiptoed closer to Y/N.

She moved back, her whole body tensed. Small tears had formed right next to her eyes.

"Ne, ne, Sakura. Wasn't she with Amane's assistant a couple of days ago? I'm sure I saw them both together.."

Sakura shrugged.

"Sakura's friend, do you know a girl by the name of Yashiro Nene?"

Y/N's E/C eyes shifted up to the boy now standing in front of her, unsure if she should answer truthfully or not. She took a big gulp before replying.

"Y-yes. We're in the same class.."

He crouched closer to the rigid girl, who shielded the ghost away with her arms. Their distance now just a pinky away. Y/N's skin crawled, her heart pounding so fast that it wouldn't surprise her if it blasted out of her chest.

The boy with a black seal on his right cheek, wearing a black hat had returned her a gleeful smile, "You said you'd do anything.." He lifted her chin with his finger, forcing her eyes to meet his. "Right..?"

Y/N paused, not able to figure out what was going to happen next.

To Y/N, this all felt too familiar.

Like what happened to Hiromi-sama.

But this time, she was determined for it to not to happen again.

"As long as he doesn't hurt the Mokke, or any other supernatural for that matter.."

"Then I guess.."

Hesitation filling up inside, she skeptically nodded.

"Then.." His amber eyes focused directly onto E/C ones, "I want you to spy on her."

🍃🌺🌊

A/N:

Thank you so much for reading! It's summer break for me now, so I'll now be able to post chapters frequently! (Yaaaay~!)

This is my first fanfiction so I im sorry if there's any mistakes or if it lacks description (im rlly bad at that), so feel free to lmk so I can fix it right away. Thanks again! ( ^ω^ )