chapter seven: the tea party

"Nene.. Nene-chan?!"

"Y/N-chan?"

╔═════ ∘◦ ✾ ◦∘ ══════╗

Chapter Seven:
The Tea Party

╚═════ ══════╝

"Just in time. Have a seat." Sakura pulled out a golden-trimmed blue arm chair for Y/N.

As she sat down, she couldn't help but gawk at the mouthwatering pastries, alluringly placed on the mini table in front of her.

The table had a mix of many sweets spread out. Cookies, biscuits, muffins, and brownies.

Though her focus switched over to Yashiro.

"Nene-chan, how come you're here?" Y/N asked her friend.

"Yeah.. Wait.. why exactly was I–"

Yashiro let out a huge gasp, her face darkening blue. "Oh no, no, no! I got kidnapped and then I got sucked up into girl talk!"

"Kidnapped?"

To think of it, Tsukasa had told her something the last time she was inside this boundary.

"Sakura's been baking to prepare for a small party we're having later on."

Was this the party he was referring to? And if it is, why is Yashiro here?

Also, she got kidnapped by them?!

This all was getting suspicious.

"Umm.." Y/N skeptically eyed each individual Broadcasting Club member.

She first looked at Sakura, sitting beside the panicking Yashiro. Sakura remained unfazed, still sipping her cup of tea.

Nothing unusual.

Second she looked to Tsukasa, who sat on top of the backrest of the chair, pecking at his chocolate-chip muffin. Crumbs smeared on his cheeks, minding his own business.

Still nothing unusual.

And across from her was Natsuhiko. As soon as he caught Y/N staring at him, he instantly turned his face away from her. He ignored her, whistling a clattery melody.

Very unusual.

"Nene-chan.. you said you were kidnapped, right..?" Y/N brought her eyes to her friend.

"Yes, I was! Were you also–"

"Ne, ne!" Tsukasa flew behind Y/N, once again eagerly wrapping his arms around her neck. "You should try the blueberry muffins!"

Y/N kindly rejected the muffin that Tsukasa handed to her, pushing it away. She afterwards continued to glance at Natsuhiko, who still didn't bat an eye.

Natsuhiko had something to do this afternoon.. something that Sakura and Tsukasa asked him to do.. which was to meet up with someone.