Peggy Carter X Reader

She really was gorgeous. But she had a husband. And it was 1942. I don't know what to do. She was like my bestfriend. We had done everything together. Since day one.

I was heading from my studio apartment in New York to meet her at a bar.

On the walk there a man approached me an began following me. Picking up the pace, I make it right outside the bar door when he grabs my wrist.

"What's a pretty little thing like you do going out here all alone?" He asked. His breath reeked of alchohol. "Let go of me." I said, trying to hold my ground but I was shaking intensely. Being the small human being I was, I couldn't free myself of his grasp.

"Oh come on now sweetheart, show me a smile." He said, showing his yellow teeth. I looked at him in disgust but my facial expression soon turned to one of fear as his hand trailed up my thigh. "S-stop."I said as I shut my eyes.

"You heard her." Said a familiar feminine voice. I looked over to see Peggy with a straight face. She was a rather strong woman. She was quite tall to. Well, compared to me.

I looked at her as relief washed over me, realizing the man had let go of me and stumbled off. "Hey doll." She said as she walked over to me. "You okay?" She asked as she fixed my hair.

"Y-yea" I stuttered. "Thank you." I said as she linked our arms. "Why don't we go get some drinks now." She said as she walked us into the bar.

We sat in a booth and waited for a waiter to come by. "What do you want to drink doll?" She asks. "Oh um Vodka Tonic please." I say quickly as she continues to look over the menu.

"Anything to eat?" She asks. I shake my head no and she puts the menu in a stack beside of her. "So what have you been up to? We haven't been out in ages." She says with a smile as she puts her hand on mine.

I start to feel my neck heat up from nervousness. "Oh um well nothing much really. I'm trying to get a better job." I say as I look around the bar. She notices and taps on my hand, drawing my attention back to her.

"You alright?" She asks with a half smile. Other than the fact I have a major crush on you, I'm just peachy. "Oh yea I'm fine." She looks at me funny and then resumes talking. "Steve wants to take me to Washington. I don't want to go. And I don't know what to do, any advice?" She asks. I shrug my shoulders. "Why Washington?" I ask. Steve usually goes away for work so I'm assuming that's why.

"Well he has to go there for his job." She says and I can see there's a hint of sadness in her honey-brown eyes. "Well if you don't want to go you shouldn't have to. It's not up to him what you get to do." I say bluntly whilst taking a sip of my drink.

She smiles. "I like that you're free spirit." Blushing at the comment, I thank her. "So what are we gonna do now?" She asks, smirk tugging at the sides of her lips.

"Well I don't know, I guess it's up to you." I say as she stands up. "Want to watch a movie on the Television?" She asks. I nod and we take the walk back to her house, arms linked.

We get upstairs and she takes my jacket off. "Thank you." I whisper as we go to sit down on her couch. She turns on some movie I've never heard of and throws a blanket over herself.

I'm sitting over here, freezing while she watches the movie. "Are you cold doll?" She asks. "I can just get a blanket." I say, going to stand up. She grabs my wrist. "Come here." She says as she pulls me into her warm embrace.

We lay there like that for quite some time. She breaks the silence. "I like you Y/n." She says as she holds onto me, tighter than before. Stunned, I look back at her. "R-really?" I ask, looking absolutely ridiculous. "Yes, and it's okay if you don't li-" I cut her off, kissing her. Her tongue grazes my bottom lip, asking for entrance which I easily grant her.

I pull away. "I-I've liked you for quite some time as well, but what about Steve?" I ask. She shrugs. "We'll figure it out when he gets back in a few weeks, instead just hold me." She says as she pulls me back into a tight hug. I rest my head on her shoulder. "Okay." I whisper.