Pepper Potts X Reader

Making my way down to the kitchen at around 5am I open up the fridge to get something to drink when I here someone behind me. "Hey what are you doing up this early?" Asks Pepper. I turn around to see her wrapped in a robe on top of her night clothes. "What are you doing up this early Miss Potts?" I ask in a playful voice. "Couldn't sleep what's your excuse?" She says raising one eyebrow above her sleepy eyes. "I usually wake up this early." I say with a small chuckle. I walk over to her with a cup of water.  "You seem to sleep just fine when Tony is here." I say as I hand her the glass. "I- well I can't sleep unless somebody else is in the bed." She admits. Looking at her with sad eyes I pull her in for a hug. "He'll be back soon, he's got Nat and Steve with him. He'll be fine Pep." I say as she lays her head on my shoulder. "I know, it's just- it's hard to sleep when he's not here. Constantly worrying about him." I rub her back reassuringly. "I know. I worry about Nat too, she's my best friend. But she is a badass like Tony." I say causing her to laugh. I snake my arm around her waist. "What do you say we go upstairs and try to get some shut eye?" I ask as I walk her upstairs. "Yea that'd be great." She says as she leads me into their room. She lays down and I crawl in bed beside her. I pull her closer to me. I had read something about the heartbeat method where you lay someone head on your chest and the sound of your heartbeat calms them. I lay her head on my chest and hug her tight. I knew she hadn't slept since the other avengers had left the compound. I knew she didn't ever sleep when he was gone. I start to feel a drop of warm wetness of my arm. I pull her body closer to me so that her face was buried in my neck, allowing her to cry without alerting the others. I gently stroke her hair. "Its gonna be alright, I know you miss him." I say as I continue to stroke her hair. She whispers to me. "He never makes time for me anymore. He's always gone or planning missions or building new A.I.'s." I begin to feel a lump forming in my own throat as I watch her fall apart on my shoulder. I quickly swallow it so I can be there for her. "I know he seems busy all the time but he really is stressed. I'm sorry that you feel left out." I whisper as she wraps one of her arms around my neck, letting the other gently rest on my chest. "I'm just his girlfriend. I'm not even his wife. His work is more important than me. It feels like he doesn't even know me." She whispers as she tightens her grip on my shoulder. "Its alright sweetheart, let it all out." I say as I pull her legs up on me. "I haven't ever told anyone those things so please promise me not to repeat it." She asks through small sobs. "You got it. Anything you feel like getting off your chest, you can tell me. I won't tell anyone." I say wrapping my hands around her upper body. I lean over and grab her glass of water and sit her up. I press the cup to her lips. "Here you need to drink this, you look dehydrated." I say, my hand never once leaving her back. She drinks about half the glass before putting it down. She leans back against me in the same position as before. My hand gently draws circles on her back. "Sleep now lyubov." I say as I hug her once more. I look down about 10 minutes later to see her sound asleep. I decide to go to sleep myself, listening to the steady hum of the air conditioner.