Pepper Potts x Reader (insecurites)

A/N: I'm thinking abt just making a Pepper potts oneshot book, idk tho. Anygay remember to eat, and drink water. Love yall 3000💛🥺

Pepper is like a mom figure to you in this.

Looking in the mirror, I sigh. We were going swimming today and this was the only bathing suit I had. A two piece. I had always been insecure of my stomach and thighs, but it had just gotten worse over the years. I walked over to my closet and pulled out a bathing suit cover. "Okay this should do.." I whisper to myself as I put it on. As I put it on I hear a knock on my door. "Come in." I say. I see Pepper standing in the doorway. "Hey Y/n, we are ready downstairs to go swimming. You're coming aren't you?" She asks as she walks toward me. "Yea." I whisper looking down. "So then why are you wearing this covering?" She asks. I look down. She curls her finger under my chin, forcing me to look at her. "You know you can talk to my, right Y/n?" She asks. I nod and smile. She pulls me in for a hug and whispers "you look beautiful honey." And then she pulls away and walks out of the room. Pepper practically raised me. I love her with all my heart. I walk downstairs and see everybody sitting on the couch talking. "Alright let's swim everyone!" Shouts Tony. Everybody but Pepper goes out, she was waiting on me. "You don't have to wait behind." I say as I put on my sunblock. She smiles and walks over to me. "You ok?" She asks. I look at her and let out a small chuckle. "I'll tell you later." I say as I finish up putting the spray on sunblock. She simply nods and pecks my cheek. "I'll see you at the pool." She says with a small smile. I nod and continue what I was doing before. Once I finish up, I reluctantly go outside and sit down on one of the chairs, letting the sunscreen sink in to my fair skin. I immediately open my eyes when I notice another person in my presence. I look beside me. "You gonna tell me?" I look at Pepper, sadness beginning to fill my every cell. She notices this and sit down beside me. "I-" I feel tears welling up in my eyes. Looking away, I feel her warm touch on my arm. "You can tell my Y/n, I'm not gonna judge you." She says with a soft smile. "I hate my body Pepper. I look hideous in this bathing suit." I whisper, opening up the cover that was hiding my skin. She frowns. "You look amazing Y/n. I'm sure everybody here would be drooling over you if they saw you. I have been there for you since the beginning. Why did you think you couldn't talk to me about this?" I let a single tear slip down my face. "I-I was scared. I am scared. Everybody else here has amazing bodies, and I've just let myself go." I whisper. She cups my face. "Y/n, you are beautiful, you are like a daughter to me. I am so glad that I met you. I love you. We all do. You know you can talk to us." She pulls me in for a hug while I hide my face in the crook of her neck. "I-I'm sorry Pepper, for worrying you." I whisper. She strokes my hair. "Don't be sorry sweetheart, just know we love you for who you are." She smiles at the end of her sentence and suddenly I don't feel alone anymore. I pull away and she kisses my cheek. "Now come get in the pool!"