nine.

"I must extend my gratitude for Signora, she must have carefully and precisely planned all of this"

Y/N'S POV

Zhongli continued "Raising tensions with the adepti and the Qixing is rather...smart"

"Yep! It'll bring out the true colors and nature of Liyue on its own. Most importantly, you'll get to see how Liyue deals with a crisis without a god. I hope that satisfies your contract" I explained to Zhongli while enjoying my tea.

"I can only hope everything goes well with the adepti..I am not sure how they'll treat the new Liyue because.. Liyue is not the same as it used to be. I am also afraid of the possibility of the poor communication with the people. It has been so long."

Even tho Zhongli is talking about topics that are dear to him, he remains calm and his words full of solitude.

"Don't worry! We just need to you to do your part with Tartaglia as you know, a collaboration between you and the fatui." I tried excusing his words yet again.

Zhongli placed one hand on his chin.
Seems like he's contemplating..again.

Well what else would a god do after retiring than thinking about the future and reminiscing about the past?

"I understand what I have to do and I fully place my trust in Signora even tho it is a little risky"

I sighed.."Zhongli, for the 6th time and for the love of all 7 gods and seas...That's why I'm here!!" I whined.

"My apologies, another cup of tea. It seems that you have finished your brew" Zhongli quickly changed the subject.

"Sure I'll take more sweet tea over anything when I'm in Liyue"

"Ermm Pardon me...according to my knowledge of the human body, too much sugar is bad for your health specifically the kidney if I am not mistaken"

"Uhhh..um.. you're not wrong!" I raised a finger at Zhongli who was spitting facts then continued "but, since I'm in Liyue, I guess that I  must try all the tea there is, it's magnificent."

"Let's see"  I placed  a hand on my chin and tried to bring back the memories of yesterday.

"I have tried Silk flower, Mint annnd Lotus heads..what else would you recommend?"

Zhongli gave a small polite chuckle then raised his cup "I personally prefer glaze lily  it is my flavour of choice"

"Well then, I shall try a cup"

Wait ..aren't glaze lilies expensive..shit.. somebody give this man insurance.

"Be my guest"

Zhongli's little smile never left his face as he prepared the tea, the way he prepared those glaze lily petals...so careful and caring. I wonder if glaze lilies represented something in his thousand years of history. Maybe it's a symbol of Love or Peace? ..oh I can only wonder.

"Shall we discuss more about the traveller as the pot boils, I wish to know more about his previous doings" Zhongli asked while crossing his arms.

"You wish to know more about him?" I tried to confirm his question.

"He must be at Jueyun Karst right now, meeting all the adepti. Not many mortals dare to venture there, moreover, I am quite curious on how Signora found someone for this specific job of attracting the Adepti's attention." Zhongli showed clear respect for the traveller as he spoke.

"To begin with.. Aether is from another world, he's not from Teyvat"

Zhongli raised an eye brow.
I cleared my throat then began a long conversation.