twenty-four.

"Freeze, one wrong move and we'll be first knocking on the gates of death.."

YAY IM BACK!!! WEEWOO!
(imactually reallysorry) I didn't forget this story..at all huauhha.. what?

Sooo let's revise our situation real quick, we're in a basement.. with explosives and a calvary captain who has the audacity to crack a joke.

"You know the first word belongs to me" as if forgetting the deadly situation, he just gently takes off his half black mask and laughs lightly, inhaling the burny air so casually.

Since Kaeya wears an eye patch, he used a specific mask design that only covered his other half. The mask was specially designed for him and only him. It was a black mask with white outlines that matches his overall worn colors for the night..

Sometimes, stupid questions float around Y/N'S mind..

wait does that mean that the skin around his other eye is now pale? It's been years...decades actually.. wha-

STOPthinking about random things..you're supposed to scold that man.

"Seriously?"  I said, turning around to meet his face just to be met with the usual shrug n smirk year round.

"Yes, it's iconic..so excuse you" he wraped his arms around himself and kept annoying the living hell out of me with all these weird faces he makes.

He thinks it's attractive which is disgusting, which makes him Really Really punchable

If he breathes then Diluc has a point.

"Alright, Alright..one wrong move and we'll be blown away vigorously to the gates of death" I rephrased it to the captain's liking.

"That's more like it" he cooed, the same smile still on his face as he examined the barrels.

"So this is how scaramouche feels around me..terrific. I'll take the other side of the basement" I said in a semi-sarcastic tone as I left to check the rest of the place, the basement is hella huge, yet organised.

By now, my eyes have adapted to the dark, but it's still an eerie kind of dark here. Especially when you can hear the music above of you, and everything that I accidentally slam into.

We both quietly examined the place for a couple of minutes, warry of every step we take and every move we make. I can hear every breath I take, my steps and even my own heartbeat.

"Any leads on why there are explosives here?" I broke the silence, the captain has been oddly quiet for the being the questionably social man he is.

"other than Vanitas..I'm not entirely catching wind of things..yet.. hehe" his voice echoed from the other side.

And that was it, the trigger, we whispered lots of mockings afterwards.

The hilarious thing is, I can't see him and neither can he see me, but we both can see our glowing visions.

"aw fuck off, I'm gonna die one day but hopefully not here, not now and certainly not with you" I replied, pointing to his direction even tho my gestures aren't visible.

"And why not? Ever heard of a double sucide? Many young girls who find themselves on the edge of life..admire doing with a charming man..hoping they'll live a happy ever after life on the other side, if it exists"

"Well I'm not an idiot, this is also called a genocide and I digress!" I replied.

"Hmm?"

"There's no way they could sneak that much into a private mansion, let alone without Gunther's notice.. someone definetly helped them"