sixteen.

"Signing out by the name Y/N L/N....yes, that's me...thank you"

Y/N'S POV

I only stayed for three nights in my hotel room, I'll camp the rest outside near the outskirts.

..first thing I gotta do in this so far so good morning is to visit Northland, but just before I was going to leave the main lobby, Tartaglia emerged outta nowhere.

"Good morning comrade!" His face beaming aganist the early sun rays hitting his features.

"You'll get wrinkles if you smile too much" I said as I just continued finishing up with the receptionist.

also stop popping out of nowhere that's the third time.

"Hehe! If I get wrinkles because of you, it'll be fine by me. Where are you going so early in the morning anyway?" He leaned his back aganist the counter while facing me.

We began a small series of conversation.

"My hotel stay is over and I have work at Northland"

"Then you're leaving Liyue?"

"No, I'll just sleep outside at one of our camps, I prefer that more than being in a room anyway"

"You must have had it the hard way"

"Didn't we all? I'll get going now..goodluck with whatever you have on your plate today"

"Thanks for wishing me luck aganist yourself haha!"

"Crap....you know what? you'll actually need it"

"Mhm...every moment with you makes me more exited to finally fight you!"

"Isn't that exciting?"
He leaned his face down to mine and err..that's too close..

"Keep a distance buddy" I booped his nose and pushed his face sideways. The smile never left his face even so.

"I'll get going for real now, see you at 10pm"

Just as I turned my back and walked away..I heard his voice again.

"Oh by the way y/n!"

I turned my heard while puzzled, awaiting his continuation.

"Go get em!" He flashed a smile with a small thumbs up.

ᵂʰᵃᵗ

"Nothing! Just don't push yourself much at work..I want you at full awareness and energy during our battle"

"Uhh huh, thanks ..I guess. You sounded like a proud father for no reason" I gave him an awkward smile and immediately turned my head back to where I was heading,

Yea, let's not make this more awkward than it already is.

Good choice y/n. Get out.

~~~ At Northland bank~~~

"I want all intel about Vanitas" my voice echoed across the main lobby.

"Certainly my lady, please visit the intelligence officer's bureau and ask for all the documents that you wish to see"

..

..

And so I did, he's the same officer from last time, from the data base recruit ranks.

When I entered the office it was empty, just scattered paper work everywhere and no one in sight.

Just as I silently questioned his whereabouts, the nervous officer stormed inside the room behind me with a load of paper, he is hardly keeping the stacks of paper together.