Chapter 2: Building Up Reputation

Y/N is now currently sheltered in the slums of Sector 7 at Midgar after he and Cloud managed to get out of Shinra's radar following the mission of stealing the blueprints for Reactor 2.

Now Y/N was ordered by Cloud to build up his reputation by helping out Tifa with some errands that can benefit the undercity residents, giving him enough time since Barret will need time as well to come up with a plan to infiltrate and blow up the reactor.

Cloud is currently away on patrol duties at Sector 5 to scout any potential dangers from either Shinra or their sub-group, the Turks.

As for Y/N, he woke up after a night's sleep and is ready for a day with the beautiful Tifa.

Y/N got his weapons and walked around the slums as he heard the residents talk about him, saying he should not carry a sword like the Twin Stinger, and also took notice of his attire, a SOLDIER's uniform, saying he may wear the clothes, but he doesn't fit the part. Y/N ignored the words of the residents and continued his way to Seventh Heaven.

As he went inside, he saw Tifa already at work; she turned around and smiled as she sees the ex-SOLDIER.

Tifa: morning

Y/N: hey

Tifa: you didn't went with Cloud?

Y/N: nope, but he did give me an order

Tifa: oh, and what is that?

Y/N: build up my rep around town; I heard people talk about me

Tifa: and they weren't good things, huh?

Y/N: they say I'm not worthy of my sword and I don't fit the part as a SOLDIER

Tifa: well we can prove them wrong today

Y/N: really? How?

Tifa: water filters are need of replacements and we get paid for our services... and also build up you rep by slaying some monsters that has been scaring the people here; can you help? Please?

She said with adorable puppy eyes, making Y/N melt at the sight.

Y/N: okay, I can help

Tifa smiled.

Tifa: have you eaten already?

Y/N: nah, I don't feel hungry; as a SOLDIER, I ate light

Tifa: I'm impressed you kept your physique

Y/N: my sword needs two hands to be wielded

Tifa giggled.

Tifa: come on, let's get to work

The two left the bar and walked around.

Y/N: where's our first stop?

Tifa: a little general store, the filter desperately needs some replacing