Chapter 16: The Shinra Building Part 1

(continuing from the last chapter)

The party may have deactivated the initial countdown of the dropping of the plate, but unbeknownst to them, Shinra always had a contingency plan.

As the party continued to escape, they heard a voice over the speakers.

P.A. Announcer: 15 seconds till destruction. Please evacuate the area immediately 

Barret: what the hell?!

Y/N: keep running!

Cloud: zipline over there!

The four party members rode the zipline just as the Sector 7 pillar exploded, causing the support systems to fail and the plate to collapse and fall, but luckily all of the slum residents had evacuated to Sector 6. Meanwhile in the main building, President Shinra watched the destruction and explosion with a smirk on his face.

(Several minutes later)

Several pieces of the plate and pillar scattered all over the area, and the party members were separated. Y/N sat up and looked around the destruction and mess, but he gasp as he stood up.

Y/N: Tifa? Tifa!

He walked around until he found his lover laying on the ground. He kneeled next to her and cradled her head while holding her hand until she regained consciousness.

Tifa: mmhh... Y/N?

Y/N: are you hurt?

Tifa: I'm okay, thanks

Y/N: we got to find Cloud and Barret

Tifa: yeah, let's go

The couple held each other's hands as they carefully navigated through the narrow passages of the concrete rubble. Then they heard multiple gunshots from the other side of a large piece of concrete.

Y/N: stand aside, Tifa

The couple stood aside as the rubble was destroyed and on the other side was Barret and Cloud.

Tifa: thank goodness you two are alright

Barret: those bastards had crossed the line- wait Marlene!

Cloud: I have a feeling I know where she is

Barret: take me to her!

Y/N: chill Barret! Come on!

Cloud led the party through the junkyard of Sector 6 until they reached the undercity. They continued running through until they found a secluded house surrounded by beautiful flowers.

Cloud: this is Aerith's house, Marlene should be here

Tifa: I remembered telling Aerith to go check Marlene during the attack

Barret: come on!

Cloud: chill!

The party went inside the house and saw Aerith's mom, Elmyra.

Cloud: Elmyra, where is she?

Elmyra: Marlene is upstairs, fast asleep

Barret went upstairs to the bedroom to see his 4 year old daughter fast asleep and resting.

Barret: brave, just like her daddy

(Meanwhile)

Y/N: and Aerith, where is she?

Elmyra sighed and sat down.

Elmyra: they took her

Tifa: who?