Chapter 24: Meeting the Materia Hunter

The party has made their way to the region called Under Junon, a small town that is living in the shadows of Shinra's major military installation called Junon. They met with the mayor of Under Junon named Rhonda, who is aware of the bounty on Avalanche's heads with the set price of 100,000 gil each and Aerith's bounty of 500,000 gil, but the mayor let them stay at the town inn, which is open to everyone.

(The next day)

After getting a night's rest, Barret gone over the plan with the others.

Barret: we need to get up there to Junon, that is where the inauguration of the President will be at

Cloud: the region will be under heavy security because the president will have his parade

Y/N: we're going all the way with this? We're going to cut the head of the Shinra snake?

Barret: it's about damn time the people do something!

Y/N: Cloud mentioned that Shinra's entire military will be there, so we need to come up with a plan to infiltrate without getting spotted

Just then, they heard a cry for help.

???: help! Somebody please help!

Then the innkeeper came running out.

Innkeeper: the sword, the weapons... you're some fighters, aren't you? That was Priscilla, and from the sound of it, she needs tough people like you to lend a hand

The group then met with Priscilla and followed her to the harbor.

Priscilla: we got to go now! There's a monster attacking the boat!

They then saw a girl stranded in the middle of the water as her boat began to wave back and forth.

???: help!

The boat broke apart by a large aquatic creature. The girl was helpless, but then was rescued by a dolphin.

Priscilla: Yuffie! Grab his fin and hang on!

The girl, Yuffie then grabbed the dolphin's fin and rode to the dock. However, Yuffie was then tossed to the shore as the dolphin dove back down to the water. 

Rhonda and Priscilla carried Yuffie to dry land.

Rhonda: hey, Shinra's most wanted! Get rid of that thing!

Barret: say what?!

Tifa: Barret, focus!

The party prepared for battle against the Terror of the Deep.

Y/N: oh come on! It swims and flies!

Aerith: and it bites too!

Due to the Terror's quick speed for its size, offense alone can't faze it, so they resort to using magic attacks.

After incapacitating the creature, the Terror dove back down to the water.

Cloud: oh no, you don't!

Cloud ran to the water, and with boost help from the dolphin, the ex-SOLDIER took down the creature with one last slash of his Buster Sword.

He then rejoined the others to help an unconscious Yuffie.

Rhonda: don't just stand there, help me!

Cloud rushed over and knelt beside Yuffie.

Rhonda: you're on chest compressions

Cloud: got it

The others kept their distance and watched as Cloud and Rhonda are doing CPR.