Chapter 5: Mako Reactor 2

(Two days later)

It was now the mission in which Avalanche will infiltrate and blow up Mako Reactor 2. After days of scouting, Cloud saw that the reactor is heavily guarded by officers, guard dogs and Shinra built mechs.

Y/N was full of motivation after his first successful date with Tifa. He is now ready to bring down the reactor side by side with her and Cloud.

Y/N got out of his apartment and made his way to Seventh Heaven where he was greeted by Tifa outside.

Tifa: hey there

Y/N: were you waiting for me?

He smirked as Tifa blushed a bit.

Tifa: yeah, I was

Y/N: is everybody here?

Tifa: yeah, we're just about to head out

Y/N: alright, let's join them

Tifa nodded and held Y/N's hand as the two joined the rest of Avalanche.

Barret: ah Y/N, you're ready to kick some Shinra ass?

Y/N: yeah, sticking it to my former employer is what I vision

Barret: alright, everybody let's move move move!

Avalanche left the bar and rode a train to the plate topside, since that's the only access to the reactor.

After successfully getting passed through security with their fake Shinra IDs, the group left the train and made their way to the reactor.

Barret: hold up, I see two officers up ahead in our way; got any ideas, Y/N?

Y/N: one of us provides a distraction while I drop in on them

Cloud: I'll distract, you take care of them

Cloud went up and got the officers' attention.

Officer: halt, let's see some ID

Then Y/N snuck around and climbed up a stack of shipping containers until he was directly above the two officers. Barret was confused as he watched the hooded ex-SOLDIER.

Barret: what in the hell is Y/N doing?

Tifa: shh, just watch

Y/N unleashed his dual hidden blades and dropped in on the two officers as he performed a double air assassination.

Cloud: nice surprise man

Y/N: as always

Barret: damn, now you're starting to impress me

Tifa smiled and nodded.

Y/N: alright, let's move

The group went inside the reactor and made their way down to the base, which according to the blueprints is the weakest spot of the structure. Jessie handed Cloud the bomb as the group is split up into two to cover more ground. Jessie, Wedge and Biggs are in charge of surveillance in case any reinforcements show up while Y/N, Cloud, Tifa and Barret have the lead on blowing up the reactor core.

The four person group proceeded their way to the core until they were stopped by a squad of officers and guard dogs.

Barret: huh, a bunch of Shinra lapdogs

Y/N: no problem, we got this

Cloud: we can beat them

Tifa: let's go!

The group got ready and battled the officers and guard dogs. Cloud took down one guard dog with the Focused Thrust using his Buster Sword; Y/N took down an officer with the Braver slash.