Chapter 14: Wall Market

(A few weeks later)

No significant signs of Shinra activities occurred over the past few weeks which brought out suspicion from the SOLDIER Assassin Y/N; not only he felt something wrong, Tifa and Cloud felt something as well, and with four Mako reactors shut down under their watch, they know that the megacorporation is hunting them down.

AVALANCHE were aware of Shinra's deal with the crime lord of Sector 6, Don Corneo. In which the deal was that Corneo exchanges information regarding the residents of the undercity slums for a piece of Shinra's future project, Neo Midgar.

Tifa sensed that feeling in her gut and while Y/N and Cloud were patrolling around Sector 5 with Zack and Aerith, she decided to infiltrate Wall Market and hopes to be picked as part of Corneo's nightly auditions. Tifa wore a beautiful blue dress and got picked up by a chocobo wagon bound for Wall Market in Sector 6.

 Tifa wore a beautiful blue dress and got picked up by a chocobo wagon bound for Wall Market in Sector 6

(Meanwhile in Sector 6)

The party consisting of Cloud, Aerith, and Y/N were running through the slums on their way back to Sector 7 to regroup with the others while they try to avoid detection from the guards. Zack was needed somewhere far, giving the three time to escape and hide.

Aerith: this way, I know a safe shortcut to Sector 7!

Cloud and Y/N followed Aerith to a playground park and lead them to a slide with a crawl space.

Aerith: here is a safer way to get to Sector 7

Y/N: I'll keep an eye for reinforcements

Cloud: gotcha

As Cloud was about to open the passageway, the giant main gate to Sector 7 opened and a chocobo wagon rolled through, and then Cloud saw someone in the back, but he noticed it was his childhood friend.

Cloud: Tifa?!

Cloud pursued the wagon and quietly climbed on the vehicle, surprising Tifa.

Tifa: Cloud!

Cloud: what's going on?

Tifa: shh... I'll explain everything later... but now, I'm on my way to see Don Corneo. You and Y/N should head back and regroup with everyone else

Cloud: but-

Tifa: I'll be fine, you've seen how much ass I can kick

Cloud: I have

Cloud got off the wagon and was about to walk away, but he was stopped by Aerith.

Aerith: oh no you don't, you two are going after her

Cloud: she's a big girl; she can handle the likes of him, and worse

Aerith: uh-uh, you don't know Corneo. It doesn't matter how strong or smart you think you are. He'll find a way to turn it against you. And where's she going to meet him? A mansion filled with his goons. Come on, aren't you worried what might happen in there? You two have to help her!