𝐚𝐝𝐚𝐦 𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤𝐬 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞

𝐖𝐡𝐲'𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐦𝐞?

I sat in the change rooms with Adam, helping him strap his wrist. Bombay walked in and started assessing his wrist. "Turn your wrist." He couldn't do it. Tears emerged from his eyes as they did mine, I walked around pinching the bridge of my nose. "Sit down both of you." I turned around to meet the eyes of our coach. "I know you're confused Y/N just come and sit." I did as told and I rested my head on my boyfriend's shoulder. Bombay told us the story of his childhood.

 "Now Y/N, I, like you two was in a relationship too. I'm not going to name her but I had an injury when I was younger but not as bad. It hit me hard as well as her, and she was so close to quitting and giving up on hockey all together because she couldn't cope with me gone. We worked so well together but when I had to leave temporarily it was like she was gone too. Y/N just because Adam is not going to play the rest of the tournament doesn't mean that you can't. You're a powerhouse player, one of our strongest, maybe even stronger him. I'm sure you know the press is going to be all over this and they're going to love it if you have problems as well. That's not going to happen, you're going to show them who's boss." And with that Coach gave Adam and I some alone time. 

"N/N are you going to be okay without me playing?" He whispered pulling me into his chest. "Adam, I don't even know." I cried. He lifted my chin meeting my eyes. "Just promise you won't give up on hockey." I stayed silent. I really didn't know what I was going to do. "You have a real shot to make it to the big leagues and I don't want you to miss out on that because of me, I'll be back soon." I nodded my head. "Thanks, love you Banksie." "Love you too n/n."