Epilogue

"Hey!"

"Hey kid!"

"You alright?"

I opened my ways to see a middle aged man with messy dark grey hair wearing a messy dress shirt and a red tie with a coffee stain on it, his hand held out towards me.

"Mr. Quafer, is that you?" I asked, as I grabbed unto his hand before he pulled me up off the sidewalk.

"Yeah kid, Mark was it?"

"Yeah."

"What were you doing on the ground?"

"I... tripped?"

"Is that an answer or a question?"

"Answer?"

"Ugh, listen kid. Be more careful next time and...

"Mark!" I hear a girl's voice behind me. I turn to see a girl with red hair with a singular pigtail to one side of her head wearing a red school uniform, slightly tinted glasses, and headphones.

"Synthia? Is that you?"

"I'll see ya in class, kid. You may want to hurry up." Me. Quafer said before leaving.

"Yeah, who else would it be?" The girl asked as she bumped onto my shoulder.

"Synthia, it's great to see you again!" I say as my eyes began to fill with tears.

"Uh, dude? Chill out, we saw each other yesterday. Unless, the Shadow Organization! Did they attack you yesterday?!" Synthia said as I wiped away my tears.

"Uh.. yea.. yeah! The Shadow Organization!"

"Ugh, those jerks! Didn't I say to call us if you need help? We're supposed to be working together!"

"Uh, right! Speaking of yesterday, what did you get on the uh... test?"

"It was a quiz and I got a 69%. Hehe nice."

"Sometimes, you act like such a boy." A man with a blue bandana covering his head and one of his eyes wearing a messy, torn blue uniform says as he walks up to us. A girl with glasses and a messy ponytail wearing an oversized yellow uniform, covering her mouth, close behind him.

"Davey! Cassie!"

"Woah dude! What's up?" Davy says putting his arms up defensively.

"He ran into those shadow jerks again!"

"Damn really? What happened to our agreement, Mark?"

Cassie crossed her arms and nodded in disapproval.

"Heh, my bad?"

"Damn straight your bad! I mean, I know you're gung-ho all the time but jeez! You can't take those shadow jerks by yourself! Especially Shadow Mask."

Cassie nodded in agreement.

"I mean! It's not like I wanted to, they attacked me!"

"Alright fair," Synthia said as she began to walk. The others and I began to walk after her.

"What happened anyways?"

"It was just two goons."

"Two goons?! A two-on-one?!"

"Seriously, Mark? Why didn't you try and call one of us?"

"I didn't have time! They got the jump on me!"

"Well, seeing how you're here. I guess everything turned out fine, dude. Good job."

"Hey! Don't encourage him!"

Cassie scowled at Davey.

"Come on! Give me a damn break!" Suddenly, a kid with red eyes and slick black hair wearing a blue uniform stumbles into Davey and knocks him down before getting back up and running.

"THE HELL BLANE?!"

"SCREW OFF CYCLOPS!" Cassie and Synthia help Davey up before he dust himself off.

"Ugh, anyways? What time is it dude?"

"Uh..." I lifted up my sleeve and looked at my watch.

"7:55." Davey paused. At least before breaking off into a sprint with a scared look one his face.

"AW CRAP WE GOT FIVE MINUTES!"

"HEY! WAIT UP!" Synthia said following him, Cassie shortly after. Before I began to sprint along with them, I noticed something glowing in my duel disk.

"I'll catch up." I call towards them. I reach my hand into my duel disk and pulled out some cards I didn't recognize.

"What the?"

The first card was named Number 79: Battlin' Boxer Nova Kaiser, but the card's art looked way off. It was some buff guy in a traditional Japanese school uniform with a torn hat. The next was Black Rose Dragon, but the art depicted a girl with a red hood and scythe. I checked each and every card and sure enough, none of the arts matched the card. There was some blue and white robot girl on a Ancient Gear Golem card, a woman in a purple hood using what appeared to be dark magic on a Destiny Hero card, etc.

"Where did all these cards come from?"

I counted each and every one of them. Forty. There were forty different cards I didn't recognize in my duel disk. Weird.

"They must be fakes" I say, tossing them to the wind before chasing after my friends.

"Wait up!" I say. Man, I can't wait to get to school. Wait, why am I excited to get to school? I hate school. Why did I barely recognize my friends and teacher earlier? Most importantly, when did those cards get into my duel disk? You know what, that doesn't matter right now. If I'm late again, I'll have to stay after school for three hours. How will I take down the Shadow Organization? Wait. What is the Shadow Organization? Did Davey say something about Shadow Mask? Who is tha— no, no! Focus, I got to get to class. I'll figure out all that stuff later... but why does it all feel so important? What am I forgetting?

The End