Airplanes (Skephalo fluff)

BadBoyHalo and Skeppy are invited to visit Dream and Sapnap in Flordia, but it turns out Skeppy has a serious fear of airplanes.

No triggers, just fluff.

Skeppy breathed in and out, in and out, just like he'd always been told to do if he was feeling scared or anxious.

But how easy is it to calm yourself down when your getting into a flying contraption designed to lift you hundreds of feet off the ground and that could crash at any time?

Skeppy tried not to think about it and he tries to stop the shaking before Bad can notice.
Unfortunately for Skeppy, Bad always seemed to know when something was wrong.

"Skeppy? You okay?"
"Y-yeah, I'm fine."

Why did I stutter, damnit. Now he'll know something is wrong.

"Liar, you're shaking," Bad points out, gesturing to Skeppy's trembling hand that was holding his suitcase as they waited in line to board the plane.

"I-I'm not..," Skeppy try's to lie, but that stutter he always got when he was extremely nervous fails him.

"Skeppy, you don't need to be shy. I can tell when something is wrong, you know this. Just tell me," Bad's words trail off at the last bit when he reaches to grip Skeppy's wrist gently.

"I-it's just---"
"Go ahead."
Skeppy takes a deep breath before he replies.

"I-I'm scared of planes..."
Skeppy had braced himself, expecting to hear laughter or for Bad to make fun of his for his irrational fear of planes.

Except, it never comes. Bad just squeezes Skeppy's wrist a bit harder and moves closer, as if he was trying to comfort Skeppy in a non-verbal way.

Skeppy looks up, and Bad is smiling at him. That stupidly adorable smile that he couldn't get through the day without.

"You don't need to be shy, I won't judge you for your fears," Bad reassures, beginning to rub his thumb over Skeppy's wrist.

Skeppy let out a huge sigh of relief, feelings as if a massive weight had just been lifted off of his chest, and he somehow is able to return the smile.

Their hands stay like that for a while.
Skeppy's hand clutching his suitcase as Bad applies pressure to it, just enough to be soothing as he simultaneously runs his thumb over Skeppy's wrist.

Finally, after what seems like an eternity, it's their turn to board.

They go through all the standard safety procedures. Check the bags, metal detectors, passports, ID's, and then they're in the aisle.
Before Skeppy knows it they're sitting next to each other in their seats, and Skeppy just hopes Bad cant feel the subtle shaking that has returned.

But of course, Bad knows. Again, he just holds Skeppy's hand, allowing Skeppy to squeeze harder as the captain comes on over the speakers with the generic "Hope you enjoy your flight" speech.

The plane takes off, and Skeppy feels his stomach lurch and then drop as he realizes he's in the window seat after risking a glance to his side.

Skeppy lets out a terrified, whimper-like sound and squeezed Bad's hand so hard it could've cut off circulation while also burying his face into the brunettes shoulder.

As soon as it's safe, Bad lifts up the arm rest separating him and Skeppy, and the man practically jumps into Bad's arms, a soft, almost incoherent, hiccup-like sound finding it's way past Skeppy's lips.

Bad embraces his love tightly, rubbing his back in an attempt to calm him and surprisingly, it does calm the man slightly.

Bad holds Skeppy there for what feels like hours, the same thought rushing through his head as ever other time an opportunity like this one was presented.

Is it worth it?

Should I try to kiss him?

The idea sounds ludacris, but Bad can't help but want to make the mere ideas into more. He wants to make them real.
So he does.

Bad cups Skeppy's chin, guiding his face gently up to Bad's own, and the brunette can't hold back anymore.

He kisses Skeppy.
He kisses his best friend.

The kiss is warm and gentle, lips connecting and Skeppy's head begins to feel dizzy as the realization sinks in.

Bad was kissing him.
His crush was kissing him.

Slowly, Skeppy's eyes flutter closed, and he let's the kiss take him to another plane of existence he didn't know existed.

The kiss breaks, and they just stare into each others eyes before Bad blushes and looks away.

Skeppy waits a moment, before taking action.

Why did I do that?
He probably hates me now.
Why would he like me? I'm just---
Bad's thoughts are cut off when he feels Skeppy press a kiss to his cheek.

Bad brings his hand up to cup his own face, feeling a pleasant heat radiate from the spot Skeppy kissed that spreads throughout his entire body.

Bad doesn't say anything, doesn't look to the side, and neither does Skeppy.

Instead, they just subconsciously reach their hands towards each other, allowing them to connect and stay connected.
Skeppy gulps again, looking out the window and expecting to regret it in an instant and feel a rush of nauseous.

But he doesn't. It's as if the fear can't reach him when Bad is there, holding his hand and still stroking over his wrist.
Skeppy sighs lightly, feeling relaxation take over his body and squeezing Bad's hand back, letting a small smile break his previously stoic expression.

This was fine, he supposed.
He could last a plane ride like this.