Thirty-Two

Axel

"Dammit!"

The faint sound of cracking stone made me release the vanity from my hands. I didn't need Lester on my ass about damages above everything else. I was surprised Cassius still kept the stiff man around after all these years.

Water dripped off the tip of my nose as I ran my hand roughly through my hair. I had thought splashing my face with ice water would have calmed my inner beast, but it did nothing. T

I could still feel Nea's essence burn through my veins. It sparked underneath my skin, making my hair stand on its ends. Instead of appeasing the need to feed, it only fueled my beast into wanting more.

"Axel!"

I met my crazed eyes in the mirror as Zev ponder his fist on the washroom door. The swirling of silver had been growing wilder, increasing along with my heart rate and hunger. I could feel each pound of Zev's fist against the wooden surface on the inside of my skull.

He had been hounding me since yesterday to visit the brothel to feed. I wanted to, but it was pointless. If only he understood that all my beast wanted was Nea. Every since I had caught a whiff of her decadent scent, all my inner beast wanted was her. I wanted to feed on one of Zev's boys to state my hunger, I had even tried already, but their scents were repulsive compared to Nea. My inner incubus no longer wanted them.

Zev pounder against the door harder.

"What?" I snapped as I jerked it open.

Everything was already grating on my easily aggravated nerves lately, I need Zev to add to the list.

"I'm telling Timothy to get the car ready."

I scowled at him as he stood in front of me with his arms crossed and a frown on his face. Who did this infant this he was speaking to? Surely it couldn't have been me. He had been increasingly acting like he was more mature because he had adopted a cold and silent persona.

My irritation at his disrespect was short-lived as my inner beast processed Zev's words. I could feel him begin to rebel against Zev's suggestion. It wanted to feed, but only from Nea.

And tasting her had made that conviction stronger.

Sighing, I brushed past Zev. The fae was cold like always. It was a wonder how he was once a favoured whore. I couldn't imagine him seductively seducing anyone. I'd only ever seen him frighten away anything with a pulse with a quick glance ever since he readjusted to life as a free man. There was no point in travelling to the city if my inner beast would just throw a fit like a child.

"Don't bother-"

"What did you do to her?"

I stopped in my track, my shoulders stiff. His tone was steely, giving away his concern to those who knew where to look.

I hadn't had a moment to truly reflect on the moments spent in that room with the little mouse yet. I was too occupied with controlling myself during lunch from lunging for her to go over the events prior. I was sure Lady Crane would have had her fill with that spectacle if I was a little weaker in my resistance.

It hadn't been too long since lunch had ended and she had scurried away like the frightening little mouse she was in search of Ezra. That boy better have been prepared to share. And clean up the mess afterwards. His success where I failed was rubbing my inner incubus wrongly. He wasn't going to be done with Nea for a while once he got his hands on her.

"I could smell her on you throughout lunch." I heard him step closer. "She looked dishevelled and uncomfortable."

My fists tightened and my nails dug into my skin.