Baby Girl's Bedtime

So this is the first Baby Girl story I've posted in a while. Sorry things are all over the place at home. Anyway, I hope you all like this. I'm sorry if it's not very good. Also, I based Sakura's behaviour around my niece's behaviour. Anyway, Happy Pride Month. Stay safe, happy and healthy. Hugs sunset

Climbing into bed with them just as the sun was rising was a pretty normal thing for four-year-old Sakura to do and Ash and Gladion didn't mind. They loved getting sleepy cuddles from their daughter in the morning before their day started but lately, for the past couple of nights, Sakura started sneaking into their bed in the middle of the night.

At first, Ash and Gladion decided to go with it, figuring she didn't want to be alone in the middle of the night. But after almost getting caught in a compromising position by their daughter, Ash and Gladion had decided that it would be better to not let her sneak in the middle of the night. After sitting down with her and having a long talk to help her understand that she should be in her bed, they gifted her with a special nightlight so her room wouldn't be so dark for her. But unfortunately, it didn't work. Instead of coming in the middle of the night, Sakura was now following them to their bed just as they were getting ready to go to bed themselves.

"Okay, baby girl," Ash smiled gently as Sakura tried to climb into their bed again one night. "Listen, we talked about this, it's okay if you come in the morning for cuddles but at night, you need to go to sleep in your own bed."

"No papa," Sakura whimpered. "I don't want to. I want to stay with you and daddy."

"Petals," Gladion smiled as he picked Sakura up. "Come on, you'll be more comfortable in your bed. Let me take you back to bed and tuck you in, okay?"

Sakura went silent as she thought about her father's words before nodding.

"Okay," Sakura said as Ash kissed her on her forehead before Gladion picked her up and carried her out of their bedroom and into hers. Ash waited patiently until his husband came back.

"Everything okay?" Ash asked.

"Yeah, she went to bed," Gladion answered as he climbed into bed and curled up next to Ash. "Although, something weird did happen."

"What?" Ash asked as he ran his fingers through Gladion's hair.

"She asked me to make sure there was nothing under her bed or in the cupboard," Gladion answered, getting sleepier as Ash continued to stroke his hair. "I wonder where those thoughts came from."

"How about we ask her in the morning?" Ash suggested after kissing Gladion. "It's late and it's been a long day for both of us. Go to sleep, love. I love you."

"I love you too, babe."

***

"Papa! Daddy!"

Ash and Gladion woke with a start at the sudden scream before getting out of bed and running to their daughter's room to see her in bed looking around in fear, tears falling.

"Petals, what's wrong?" Gladion asked as he and Ash sat on the bed and started to stroke Sakura's face, hoping to calm her down.

"The Ghost types are going to take me away!" Sakura sobbed much to Ash and Gladion's surprise.

"Ghost-types?" Ash asked. "Saki, what are you talking about? There aren't any wild Ghost-types in your room or the house. There's only Mimikyu and Gengar but Mimikyu's sleeping in the Pokémon hut with the other Pokémon and Gengar's in the attic like he always is."

"Gengar?"

Ash, Gladion and Sakura looked up to see Gengar poking through the ceiling, looking concerned.